Sign in to follow this  

ktm 125 sx top speed

You will either have to change the sprockets or the gearing in the transmission.

You will either have to change the sprockets or the gearing in the transmission.

what size sprocketss

You could start at 14/48, thats a ratio used on the older version of the 144SX and they use the same transmissions as the 125.

You could start at 14/48, thats a ratio used on the older version of the 144SX and they use the same transmissions as the 125.

that would give me a higher top speed ?? What it would do to the torque?? Thanks

that would give me a higher top speed ?? What it would do to the torque?? Thanks

gearing is like a bicycle. bigger front=more top speed.  and what would it do to torque? Try and figure it out by doing a gear change.

Yep, thats why I mentioned it. Higher the front sprocket, lower the rear sprocket = more top speed.

As you increase the top speed of 6th gear you are also increasing the top spead of 1st and 2nd and so on when you chnage the sprocket ratios....so you cannot get more on top and keep all your low end .....you can change the transmission gears with gears form an exc and keep your low end power and raise the top speed in the higher gears...a lot more trouble , work and expense

Or you could buy a 450

Yes I am gonna bet he would get some more top speed then!