Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Roczen Making Changes

He said that he was going to make some changes to improve his fitness for next season while on the podium. Does anybody know if he has a trainer now or if he just ran his own program? He has made a huge improvement over last year but he isn't at Eli's level

Who does he hire?

Eli has had his father John as a trainer since birth. Going to be hard to compete on that one. A lifetime of fitness. From what I can see Tomac just man handles the bike.

Eli has had his father John as a trainer since birth. Going to be hard to compete on that one. A lifetime of fitness. From what I can see Tomac just man handles the bike.

Ryan Hughes trains Eli. 

• Like 2

Ryan Hughes trains Eli.

John set the foundation. If you watched John in his prime, you would understand exactly where Eli gets his determination. I can't wait for him to move up!
  • Like 1

John set the foundation. If you watched John in his prime, you would understand exactly where Eli gets his determination. I can't wait for him to move up!

I'm betting that GB actually knows Mr Tomac

Ryan Hughes trains Eli.

I was thinking Ken might hire Ryno but I guess that's unlikely now

I was thinking Ken might hire Ryno but I guess that's unlikely now

according to another member in here, training off the bike is useless for anything other than cardio. In fact, I think the same guy stated that the A. Baker training regiment was the reason that JS started to decline... :banghead:

KR better get the physical stuff sorted out quickly because any shortcoming will be magnified in the big boy class. 

according to another member in here, training off the bike is useless for anything other than cardio. In fact, I think the same guy stated that the A. Baker training regiment was the reason that JS started to decline... :banghead:

:confused:

I wonder why RV & RD have won so many championships in the last 5 years 

I suppose you could say that, the apple doesnt fall far, but Ryan got him to where he is now. Look at the differnce in his fitness over the last two years, thats Ryan Hughes.

• Like 1

KR better get the physical stuff sorted out quickly because any shortcoming will be magnified in the big boy class. 

Ken needs to get his personal life figured out before he can get anything else figured out. Surfing, eating at Chipoltle and enjoying the Socal life style isnt working. Throw in the fact he has been going out with Jlaw and you see what Im saying.

Edited by 2uptite
  • Like 2

Ken needs to get his personal life figured out before he can get anything else figured out. Surfing, eating at Chipoltle and enjoying the Socal life style isnt working. Throw in the fact he has been going out with Jlaw and you see what Im saying.

Thats bad news 

The guy better get his head screwed onh straight or he's in for a rough rookie year in the big boy class

Agreed.   KR is still a teenager.   He split championships with Eli this year, so it's not like he totally spoded out.   The Bad news is Eli doesn't seem to be crashing out as much.   Waiting for RV and Eli to crash out of contention is no longer seeming like a viable strategy.   RD needs to step up the pace on the bike and RC needs to get ready for a 17 race SX series.

I find it funny how some of you are talking about Roczen like he is some kind of partying fool. In all reality, he won a championship this season and if it were not for a bad wreck he could have possibly won another so I think whatever he's doing is not all that bad and I'm sure if you ask 19 other SX riders who were in the series and 38 other MX riders from this season they would agree that beside of Tomac he was the man to beat.

• Like 4

I find it funny how some of you are talking about Roczen like he is some kind of partying fool. In all reality, he won a championship this season and if it were not for a bad wreck he could have possibly won another so I think whatever he's doing is not all that bad and I'm sure if you ask 19 other SX riders who were in the series and 38 other MX riders from this season they would agree that beside of Tomac he was the man to beat.

He's not a partying fool, but he does enjoy being a 19 year old kid in SoCal with money.

He's not a partying fool, but he does enjoy being a 19 year old kid in SoCal with money.

You can't blame him for that.

• Like 2

You can't blame him for that.

When he is paid the money he is to win races you can.

If he was smart, he would go live in FL and train with Dungey.

Edited by 2uptite
  • Like 2

So here's my question in regards to Roczen, are we knocking him for enjoying to SoCal lifestyle when he loses races, but not when he wins them?

I also distinctly remember McGrath being quite the partier and dominating to SX seasons except when he was on the Suzuki. Did we bash him back then, no?

The level of fitness is totally different now days, I understand, but Roczen has probably spent the last 15 years training, riding, etc. Let the kid have some fun, and it he's bright he won't go J-Law status, and may get a reality check, but he'll get back on track.

• Like 1

How many races dating back to his SX season has he quit in? 

One race in the outdoors can be excused because he was already way out of contention by the time he got up.

One in SX stands out. He was damn lucky Eli crashed out of contention.   I "was" a big Kroc fan until he QUIT !