DRZ400S 15/41 Chain Length

Alright gents just got done researching chain lengths for 15/41 sprockets on drz400s. Some people say stock 112 is good to go; some say you need to switch to 110. I've tried searching google, other fourms, and TT, but couldn't find a definite answer, as most searches got intermixed with the SM models as well.  Any input on those of you that have or had the 15/41 on your S? Thanks for the input.

Alright gents just got done researching chain lengths for 15/41 sprockets on drz400s. Some people say stock 112 is good to go; some say you need to switch to 110. I've tried searching google, other fourms, and TT, but couldn't find a definite answer, as most searches got intermixed with the SM models as well. Any input on those of you that have or had the 15/41 on your S? Thanks for the input.

Sadly I don't think it will fit with the 112 link chain. Even with zeta axle blocks i cant get it to fit on my sm. not sure about swing arm length difference. between s and sm. Why would you want to put 15/41 gearing on your s?

Sadly I don't think it will fit with the 112 link chain. Even with zeta axle blocks i cant get it to fit on my sm. not sure about swing arm length difference. between s and sm. Why would you want to put 15/41 gearing on your s?

I hear 15/41 will reduce RPMs for freeway use. Doing 70-80mph on the freeway for 15minutes at a time scares me a bit. I know that the bike can handle it but I guess it's just a peace of mind thing. Or should I just not worry so much about "damage" to the engine for holding the bike at such rpms for extended periods of time.

I hear 15/41 will reduce RPMs for freeway use. Doing 70-80mph on the freeway for 15minutes at a time scares me a bit. I know that the bike can handle it but I guess it's just a peace of mind thing. Or should I just not worry so much about "damage" to the engine for holding the bike at such rpms for extended periods of time.

It will reduce rpms but I cruise at 70 with my sm wheels with 15/44 gearing and it isn't a problem. With 15/44 on my dirt wheels 70 feels like it's barely into the revs. With the 41 rear sprocket I can only imagine it will be very sluggish around town.

I have the stock gearing on me S,  75mph is 7K rpm's (i have a tachometer),  15 minutes at 75-80mph is fine,  dont change your gearing,  i tried 16/44 which is the same at 15/41 and did not like it at all. 

Stock gearing works great on the S,  good for fwy and the trails imo. 

Wow, nice to hear some real good input. That answers my question, and then some. Thanks again, TT community.

112 is stock, and you can always but links off. I'm running 15/38 on my S, required 110 links.

My buddy runs 15/40, my other buddy runs 15/39. Its not wheelie happy as say 15/44, but for the highway is great. Actually on the track too I've found I'm faster with the 38, as I can stay in the same gear for the whole track if I'm smooth.