Sign in to follow this  

Will 2011 CRF 450R forks fit a 2012 CRF 250r

Hi guys will 2011 CRF450R fit a 2012 250f,my forks are scrap I can buy a pair of 450 forks cheaper than it wll cost me to repair my 250f forks.

Thanks

Gak.

I have done a bit of research the caliper bracket is the same part number, but the 450 stearing stem is 53219-MEN-A30 and the 250 is 53219-KRN-A40..

So I need to find out what is the differance is between A30 and A40,could it be the length of the stem??

Has anyone got any idea???

thanks

Gak

Edited by Gak

I think they fit. I got 13 450 with 13 250 forks. The steering stem should be same size, maybe its updated version, but it should fit. I know 13 450 guys using 09-12 450 forks. If you want 100% answer, then contact Honda mechanic. Hope it helps.

I think they fit. I got 13 450 with 13 250 forks. The steering stem should be same size, maybe its updated version, but it should fit. I know 13 450 guys using 09-12 450 forks. If you want 100% answer, then contact Honda mechanic. Hope it helps.

Thanks sandman,I cant find a pair of 2012 250 forks in the UK ,a rock has hit the front wheel holder and smashed it.Its £355 for a replacement from Honda UK.

I can get a pair of 2011 450 forks cheaper.

Thanks

Gak

I think you should be able to use the 250F triple clamps and just slide the tubes in.  We have been interchanging 250F Showa stuff on 450's for some time and using the same ride 21mm clamps on 250's and 450's.  On the 2013 had to use a bearing from a 2009 450 on the bottom stem to use the triple clamps.

I think you should be able to use the 250F triple clamps and just slide the tubes in.  We have been interchanging 250F Showa stuff on 450's for some time and using the same ride 21mm clamps on 250's and 450's.  On the 2013 had to use a bearing from a 2009 450 on the bottom stem to use the triple clamps.

Thats what I`am hoping to do gyd,if it was not for bad luck ,I would have no luck...lol But thats Motocross..

Thanks

Edited by Gak

So you need to change whole slide pipe. That had to be a big rock. 

Yes sandman here in the UK we seem to get hit on high prices for honda parts.And I don`t know what other damage has accured because the centre bolt is damaged too.Not sure If I can get them apart.

Honda is known for using the same parts to decrease parts such as clamps, bar risers, brake components between all fullsize models.  From others have suggested, just swap the forks and run

I believe the KYB 450 forks are slightly shorter then the Showas for the 250, so run them as far down as you can in the trips. Might need to increase sag to keep the balance.

.O.K thanks for the input guy`s KYB forks ordered should be with me in a few days..

Gak.