Sign in to follow this  

Auxiliary Light Mounting

I apologize if this have been covered elsewhere. I searched but didn't find much. I bought a pair of LED lights I want to mount. I ride home from work on occasion at 0100-0130. I would like to give the drunks a clearer target. :rolleyes:  I'm having trouble finding mounting options. Has anyone mounted similar lights?

bullet_500-500x500.jpg

Thanks!

• Like 1

Someone, somewhere, used the DRC turn signal brackets. i got some for the same purpose. Get the DRC (dirtfreaks) catalog, or find them on some site that sells DRC and Zeta. They mount on the fork clamps.

• Like 1

I apologize if this have been covered elsewhere. I searched but didn't find much. I bought a pair of LED lights I want to mount. I ride home from work on occasion at 0100-0130. I would like to give the drunks a clearer target. :rolleyes:  I'm having trouble finding mounting options. Has anyone mounted similar lights?

Thanks!

Click the pic for link to website .... 

flash%20mounts.jpg

Thanks guys, I like the idea of the fork clamp but they are too expensive. I went with the DRC Flasher holder. It fits perfectly. Now I just need to find a switched, + wire near the front to tap into. Any suggestions?

Edited by Irish769

attachicon.gifbullet_500-500x500.jpg

Thanks!

I use this setup, I like it very much, mostly because it is combined with my GPS mount:

Foto-SIMAX6AA-G.jpg

Foto-IC6Z347T-G.jpg

• Like 3

I use this setup, I like it very much, mostly because it is combined with my GPS mount:

Foto-SIMAX6AA-G.jpg

Foto-IC6Z347T-G.jpg

I really like this set up. more details please

• Like 1

The bracket is made by a friend, it's fitted to both upper fork clamps. The lights are VisionX Xmitter low profile  prime LED's (narrow beam)

DSCF1340.JPG

Edited by Livingstone
  • Like 3

Great idea.....I really like the bracket. I was going to pay your buddy to make me one until I saw you were in the Netherlands!

Great idea.....I really like the bracket. I was going to pay your buddy to make me one until I saw you were in the Netherlands!

Every metalworker/welder can make you one.

Show him the picture or or tell him what you want.

i think you could use your fork reflector brackets... relocate them to the top triple tree and there you have it...  i think... or so i think... or maybe its just an idea... either way, very cheap alternative and if it works, at least you will know if you like your lights in that location...  cant put them down on the lower triple because they will hit the radiator shrouds...  possibly... once again.. this is a theory of what i think... lol

• Like 2

i think you could use your fork reflector brackets... relocate them to the top triple tree and there you have it...  i think... or so i think... or maybe its just an idea... either way, very cheap alternative and if it works, at least you will know if you like your lights in that location...  cant put them down on the lower triple because they will hit the radiator shrouds...  possibly... once again.. this is a theory of what i think... lol

I've always been a fan of the "Stream of Consciousness" way of expressing one's self! You are however right on the mark. I took my reflectors off and misplaced the brackets so I purchased some $6 DRC flasher holders. I put them on the lower fork clamps but the lights hit the shrouds when turning the bars. I'm golden if I ride in a straight line. I need to fashion a different bracket to try the upper clamps. Back to the drawing board......

• Like 1

I've always been a fan of the "Stream of Consciousness" way of expressing one's self! You are however right on the mark. I took my reflectors off and misplaced the brackets so I purchased some $6 DRC flasher holders. I put them on the lower fork clamps but the lights hit the shrouds when turning the bars. I'm golden if I ride in a straight line. I need to fashion a different bracket to try the upper clamps. Back to the drawing board......

One of lifes biggest secrets is trial and error ... keep the faith and you shall find your truth ....  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

in this case i am sorry i was right... lol   i have been looking at a way to mount them... the shrouds were the biggest problem that i seen...  i do see a lot of cruisers that have them mounted on the lower forks, but for offroad, this would not work so well. i would make a quick disconnect in the wire and make the lights come off easily if this is the route i took...  i will be looking to see how you do this though...  

and as TNT said, cyclops is the way to go for quality... i soooo want the baja light.. lol