Sign in to follow this  

2013 crf450r good map

I have searched around, and I can not find any info. I want to remap, but there is no info about settings.

My bike is EU spec and engine is stock (I think it is allready remapped), except I have opened up the air box and removed backfire screen.
I want to make my bike more lively, it seems to be a bit rich. So if anyone has some good map specs PLEASE can you share them?

We had a 2012 remapped from SSW with real good results.

Save yourself some time and trouble and just ship it off to him.

In a few days it'll be back at your house all set to go.

I have searched around, and I can not find any info. I want to remap, but there is no info about settings.

My bike is EU spec and engine is stock (I think it is allready remapped), except I have opened up the air box and removed backfire screen.

I want to make my bike more lively, it seems to be a bit rich. So if anyone has some good map specs PLEASE can you share them?

for the 2012 and 2013 you will have to find senone that has custom maps - Honda's are set lean stock to pass us emissions but tend cause issues with riders who brake hard in corners . My 2012 felt flat and would stall in corners ; I sent it to AS Racing in Cali ; there strictly a Honda race shop and know exactly what works . Hope this helps . Mine Has more low end torque now and runs cooler and has a broader power band and I'm completely stock as well - good luck with the screen removal - I've gained enough from removing it versus the possible fire ?

Well I don't live in the states. Mine is def. Not lean, if I crack the throttle there is a bit of black smoke, and if engine is not very warm, it acts just like my old bike when fuel screw was 1/4 turns too rich. Bike seems to wake up in the middle of rpm range, and then pulls nicely, and feel just as fast as kawi. So no idea what map it has, but I would like to change the behavior in first half of the rpm range. I'm thinking leaner is right. The screen was already removed by previous ovner. I feel that the fire issue was more carb bike problem.

Edited by sandman1111

You don't need to live in the USA to use Eddie Sisneros' (SSW) maps, he can email you the file then you can have any shop with a Honda programmer install the file. You could also have any shop check your ECU to see if it is stock, or reprogrammed, takes only a minute.

Why is it that crf450r specs are secret, and no one is sharing them, but for yz450f there´s loads of them around. I know the tuner is different and average guy won´t buy it, but there´s no info at all. I´m sorry but to me 40$ seems to be overkill for it.

$40 is overkill??

You will have to have a friend with $400+ worth of equipment, laptop and a map to upload into you ECM.

Or, have a local shop with the same equipment do it for you. But you still need a map for your exact bike setup.

I have over 50 different maps from '09-'13, 12 of them just for my '13. All slightly different and none are for a stock bike.

Some guys say you cannot tune a EFI bike with out a dyno, but you can the old school way we did carb bikes, if you take the time and have the equipment to take to the track for a full day of test and tune. There are so many small changes that can be made now, not just a needle or clip position, slide, pilot, main or power jets. Now each can be adjusted every couple hundred RPM and all depending on throttle positions with different timing as well.

It is much easier to buy a program to fit your mods from a tuner like SSW and go from there.

Jason

This equipment is no problem. Problem is that I do not think that some guy who sells those maps, has done hardcore hundred hour test like you guys make it sound like, and can absolutely give me 100% map that is made for my bike. I pay him 40 $ he just reads ahah EU spec bike with few air box modifications and sends me a map. I´m sure it is a good map, but it is not made for my bike it will just be the most popular map for stock bike, and I do not think he has been working on that map for very long time. I asked Eddie for a map, I told him what the problems are and what I want to improve, asked what kind of maps he would offer me. He just replied: email map files are 40 $. So does he have just 1 map that is good for my needs? Is there different kind of maps? Maybe some little description what that map does or maps do. I know 40 is not a lot of money, but I really expected at least answers for my questions, anyway I will send him another e-mail and hope I get a longer answer. 

Or am I really expecting too much?

I've got a vortex x10 ignition on my euro crf, engine sounds similar with air box mods etc. It's great, you have a load if preprogrammed maps with a full explanation of what they do, plus the option to program yourself with a screwdriver. Better than a pipe and less money imo