Anyone have a spare seat?

I am looking to buy an extra seat for my 2010 520 to use for dual sport mode... like, 5+ hours in the seat (and possibly more sitting than standing). My current seat isn't cutting it (I have the Guts "soft")... it's fine for trail rides, but last week I was doing a couple hundred miles per day, and it was [literally] a PITA.

I don't need the foam or cover... seems to be a waste of $ to buy a brand new seat from Beta.

I figure this will get more action than in the Classifieds.

• Like 1

I am looking to buy an extra seat for my 2010 520 to use for dual sport mode... like, 5+ hours in the seat (and possibly more sitting than standing). My current seat isn't cutting it (I have the Guts "soft")... it's fine for trail rides, but last week I was doing a couple hundred miles per day, and it was [literally] a PITA.

I don't need the foam or cover... seems to be a waste of $ to buy a brand new seat from Beta.

Is your 520 an RR or RS model? I have a spare 2009 Beta Tall seat left over from my sons race bike. I do not know if it will fit a 2010 RR but I am sure it will fit a 2010 RS.

Is your 520 an RR or RS model? I have a spare 2009 Beta Tall seat left over from my sons race bike. I do not know if it will fit a 2010 RR but I am sure it will fit a 2010 RS.

My bad.

Edited by widebear

Hey Ron, I think a good option for you would be the Seat Concepts seat. I'm actually thinking of trying it out myself. So far the 200+ mile day rides have been tolerable (I have the soft seat). They are local to me and across the country for you. Every one of my riding buddies that have a Seat Concepts seat swears by them!

Here is a link:

http://www.seatconcepts.com/products#!/~/product/category=2252198&id=10236479

I had a Seat Concepts on another bike... maybe a TE610? Anyway, it was ok, but the vinyl wore out incredibly fast. It was ripping at the base after a couple months, which really bugged me. Renazco makes good ones, but they take too long and cost too much. The best overall aftermarket seat experience I've had is with Fisher. So, if I can find a pan (without paying full boat for a new one), I'll probably go with them again.