top 10 bike loading fails

Fortunately, I learned the lesson about low-clearance on streetbikes while pushing my bike, instead of riding it. After loading dirtbikes 9183794873214 times, who would think that almost every streetbike would high-center on a normal-sized ramp and a normal-sized truck.

• Like 3

Bonus laugh on the fact they have their friends just watching instead of helping!

At least some of them actually got the bikes in the truck...that's the goal right??

Favorite was the chopper-like purple bike, dude looked like he had no idea what was going on....

FULL RAMP=no excuses!! Damn people....

• Like 2

that was a cold ride home :(

373731670_1289726661_0-M.jpg

Did you know a new rear window and body work on a pickup costs about $1200?

373732024_1289727967_0-S.jpg

I was vacuuming glass out of that sled for months afterwards too. :bonk:

DSC00060-M.jpg

Ive been there bud... First time loading the new quad and didnt notice the winch sticks out off the front.

Bummer, when you drop a street bike like that, there is major damage. metal tanks, fiberglass fairings, custom paint jobs, I could feel their pain.

For sure right. would suck

When I was younger I decided that I could load my trx300 "by myself"... Well turns out that ramps don't stay on the truck too well if you give it enough gas.

hahah, did the shoot out from under the tire.

Bonus laugh on the fact they have their friends just watching instead of helping!

At least some of them actually got the bikes in the truck...that's the goal right??

Favorite was the chopper-like purple bike, dude looked like he had no idea what was going on....

FULL RAMP=no excuses!! Damn people....

hahaha

I was unloading a Husky 125 and completely missed the step......The bike just tipped over off the tailgate and the clutch lever stabbed me in the leg. I still have the scar. And to pour salt in the wound, it was at my local shop with a few guys standing around. NO ONE help, they just laughed......

At least it wasn't my 500 or something stupid heavy.....

I was unloading a Husky 125 and completely missed the step......The bike just tipped over off the tailgate and the clutch lever stabbed me in the leg. I still have the scar. And to pour salt in the wound, it was at my local shop with a few guys standing around. NO ONE help, they just laughed......

Ouch, at least you have a good story behind the scar.

• Like 1

Funny. That is bound to happen to me one day. But mine is an old dirt bike and I wreck it 10 times every time I ride. Dropping it out of a truck probably won't be so bad. At least it won't be on camera.

lol, i dropped my rm outta my trailer 2 days ago onto grass, first time dropping it unloading. lol, bent my handle bars.... come on,, lol

• Like 1

carnage lol 

This whole "Loading the Bike into the back of a Truck by Yourself" practice is dangerous game -- especially at the end of the day when you (I) am cramping and tired.

I have a very narrow ramp and a milk crate that I use to load a 450 with. When the ground is unstable or the tires are wet, I almost always experience that tipping moment between having my feet on the ground and having them firmly on the gate of the truck. So much easier with some help.

This whole "Loading the Bike into the back of a Truck by Yourself" practice is dangerous game -- especially at the end of the day when you (I) am cramping and tired.

I have a very narrow ramp and a milk crate that I use to load a 450 with. When the ground is unstable or the tires are wet, I almost always experience that tipping moment between having my feet on the ground and having them firmly on the gate of the truck. So much easier with some help.

i always make sure someone is helping me unload the bike.   with 2 people its alot easier and safer