XR 600 - FCR carb drool

Installed an FCR 41mx carb on my XR600...working out the jetting.  I have ridden the bike 4-5 times and after every ride...I end up with a pool of brown drool from the vent tubes...any idea on what could be the cause ?  Bike runs great.

Was the carb cleaned before installation? Sounds like dirt from old gas or something. Should be clear gas dripping.Shouldn't be any gas dripping. So id take carb apart, replace plunger, and reset float level. Try cutting the petcock flow and run alittle to drain carb bowl before parking.

Im curious. What throttle cables did you use? Im embarking on same carb onto same bike. Heard stock 600 cables dont work.

Is your carb mounted straight up and down, or is it tilted to clear the stock fuel tank?  If tilted, your carb is overflowing out the drain hose.

The FCR that I am using has a CRF throttle and cables.  The carb is clean...the only thing that I noticed was that the air filter looked to have too much oil on it...could that be the cause ?  The drool is a brown color...pasty in texture....not anything like a fuel...strange....any ideas ?

Whatd you do to the tank to clear the top of the carb?

With the air filter...id take it out, soak it in gas. Let it dry completely then run it dry and see if the drool stopped or isnt as brown...shouldn't drip at all tho. Whats your ap diaphragm look like? I had one that was cloth impregnated and kinda was dissolving and black was coming off it...

Whatd you do to the tank to clear the top of the carb?

With the air filter...id take it out, soak it in gas. Let it dry completely then run it dry and see if the drool stopped or isnt as brown...shouldn't drip at all tho. Whats your ap diaphragm look like? I had one that was cloth impregnated and kinda was dissolving and black was coming off it...

From my research...you need a 650L carb boot...this boot will lower the carb and give you the clearance you need with the 600R tank.  I cleaned the filter today...we will see...thanks rb

Cool beans. I see a new 650L boot for $50 from honda. Thanks

The XRL carb boot is necessary for an FCR-MX to clear the frame, but does not give clearance around a stock XR600 fuel tank.  The guys who don't have tank clearance problems are running aftermarket tanks.

For the drool issue, remove all the vent and overflow hoses and clean them thoroughly with carb cleaner.  But regardless, there shouldn't be any drool of any color when the bike is off and sitting on the side stand.