Apple Valley Ca. to Big Bear Lake 8/31/2013

California

Riding from my place in Apple Valley next Saturday.Plated bikes only.  Roads , two track, trails, washes, singletrack. On the bikes by 9am return no later than 5pm. This is a ride for well prepared experienced riders and will include a fair amount of singletrack.

Lunch and fuel in Big Bear City. Come on out!

Wow, that's a pretty cool invite! Was just up playing around Big Pine Flat CG. Rode up top of White Mtn and it looked like the Dez was getting hammered with rain. Wish I could make this. Sons B-day is Sat. Hope you can have a rematch before its too late in the winter.

Early this year a friend and I rode up Rattlesnake Canyon from Soggy. 18 degrees when we got towards Cactus Flats and al least a foot of snow on the ground. Water in camel back hose frozen solid. That was a fun ride.

When I lived in Cali we used to stage right off Bowen Ranch Rd and ride every trail we could find in the Marianna Mtns.  Ride down to Deep Creek hotsprings, or go all the way east to the microwave tower which connects you to Grapevine Canyon Rd, riding my smoker up to Big Pine Flats and back.  It's awesome stuff out there. 

There's a hillclimb which the microwave tower is perched on top of, it's gnarly and fun.  Last time I was out there from TX in 2010 it was fenced off.  Damn liberals.  Damn ASLU.  Damn Sierra club.  I hope all of those hypocrites rot in hell.

When I lived in Cali we used to stage right off Bowen Ranch Rd and ride every trail we could find in the Marianna Mtns.  Ride down to Deep Creek hotsprings, or go all the way east to the microwave tower which connects you to Grapevine Canyon Rd, riding my smoker up to Big Pine Flats and back.  It's awesome stuff out there. 

There's a hillclimb which the microwave tower is perched on top of, it's gnarly and fun.  Last time I was out there from TX in 2010 it was fenced off.  Damn liberals.  Damn ASLU.  Damn Sierra club.  I hope all of those hypocrites rot in hell.

Never forget to bring your wire cutters, F'em all !!!

Never forget to bring your wire cutters, F'em all !!!

We were riding in Lucerne Valley before the Marine base outa 29 Palms started trying to take over our riding area.  I was SCREAMING my CR500, trying to stretch the throttle cable in 4th gear, when I saw a fence.  I chopped the throttle and slid onto my bike's side, barely stopping before the fence.  Anyone who would build a fence in middle of a designated OHV area needs to be shot. 

It turned out the fence wasn't even there, I saw fence posts and freaked out.  I felt like an idiot, even though I would do the same thing over again if the circumstances were the same.

We were riding in Lucerne Valley before the Marine base outa 29 Palms started trying to take over our riding area.  I was SCREAMING my CR500, trying to stretch the throttle cable in 4th gear, when I saw a fence.  I chopped the throttle and slid onto my bike's side, barely stopping before the fence.  Anyone who would build a fence in middle of a designated OHV area needs to be shot. 

It turned out the fence wasn't even there, I saw fence posts and freaked out.  I felt like an idiot, even though I would do the same thing over again if the circumstances were the same.

That would be hairball on a 500 pinned.....you can hardly see chicken wire until your on top of it........scary #@&% fo sho

That would be hairball on a 500 pinned.....you can hardly see chicken wire until your on top of it........scary #@&% fo sho

I think I got your point, point, point, point, point, point...

hairball

You homos should open a new thread.  By the way, stretching the throttle cable in fourth on a CR500 is good for maybe 45 mph, You should have upshifted to fifth gear and rode that thing like a real man would.

Edited by G._LYLES

You homos should open a new thread.  By the way, stretching the throttle cable in fourth on a CR500 is good for maybe 45 mph, You should have upshifted to fifth gear and rode that thing like a real man would.

This is what happens Glen when you post a ride in the TT forum. They will take over your thread with homo crap. You are not going to find many good riders on the forums here at TT. Just alot of wannabees that are trying to ACT like good riders and get you to tell them all your secert trails. If you do accept this mission have fun baby sitting these guy's on the trails.

Again wish I had a Dual Sport.

This is what happens Glen when you post a ride in the TT forum. They will take over your thread with homo crap. You are not going to find many good riders on the forums here at TT. Just alot of wannabees that are trying to ACT like good riders and get you to tell them all your secert trails. If you do accept this mission have fun baby sitting these guy's on the trails.

True, but that's what the pm system is for

True, but that's what the pm system is for

Well, if you mean advertise a ride and then take the responses by PM, then I agree. Because I don't know the OP but this is something I would have liked to have done but it is just on a bad day being my sons birthday.

Not sure what you are trying to say. Can you say it again?

This is what happens Glen when you post a ride in the TT forum. They will take over your thread with homo crap. You are not going to find many good riders on the forums here at TT. Just alot of wannabees that are trying to ACT like good riders and get you to tell them all your secert trails. If you do accept this mission have fun baby sitting these guy's on the trails.

Understood, gone through this before on TT thats why I left years ago. I used to use Surfdog as my screen name.   Bolt and trailbuster, you are not  Homos,

Wet mountain ride Saturday whoo hoo

Exactly what in here was gay?  Sounds like wishful thinking 

Edited by 4STK4LIFE

Glen leads some quality rides. Anyone that knows of him knows this.  He's lived, ridden and trail blazed this area for decades...  longer that there has been an Internet, let alone TT.    It's kinda of a privilege to go on one of his rides.  but because he quit posting here years ago many of the youngins don't realize.  Older azzroles like me cringe when I see his invite get filled with the typical TT silliness.  Every thread doesn't need to go down that road.  

food for thought...  or in the younger mans vocabulary "jus sayin"  :lol: