Sign in to follow this  

CRF150R Expert upgrades?

I'm hopefully gonna be buying a CRF150RB soon and I'm still thinking of what kind of aftermarket parts I should get for it. Really need help on deciding on which exhaust would be best and handlebars also. Any ideas?

I'm hopefully gonna be buying a CRF150RB soon and I'm still thinking of what kind of aftermarket parts I should get for it. Really need help on deciding on which exhaust would be best and handlebars also. Any ideas?

Handlebars depends on height and rider preference. Exhaust.....stock is fine.

Aftermarket parts are mostly for bling.  Bolt on mods don't do a whole lot except change power characterstics.  Chances are, keeping the bike stock would be the best option.

Aftermarket parts are mostly for bling.  Bolt on mods don't do a whole lot except change power characterstics.  Chances are, keeping the bike stock would be the best option.

+1 Get to know the bike the way it comes. Jetting doesn't show, but it makes a huge difference. Make the bike fit with new bars and/or seat, if necessary. Then go ride the wheels off of it. It will tell you what you need. If you're really fast and your skills exceed the bike's capabilities, then bring a basket of money to a reputable engine builder and go chase the 105 2Ts.

Edited by Old Plonker

Get the suspension sprung for YOU. 

Then ride the hell out of it.

1. Must do jetting NOW! The stock jetting is horrible.

2. Bars are made of butter, so you might as well get everything set op for you and you alone.

3. Suspension setup

There is no advantage to spending money on engine or exhaust to make .5 more horsepower.

Its a great bike.