On how to run a 2t

I see it every day; people talking, YouTube comments, on forums:

"You gotta run the balls off a 2-stroke or you'll wreck it."

This annoys me enough lately to go complain about it online.

I hate how now anyone who is new to a 2t feels they need non stop WFOT to avoid damaging the bike and I personally know 2 people who've seized brand new bikes because know-nothing's told them to do this.

I'm not going to get into the whys because I'm confident most people here already know and have some understanding on how 2t engines work.

I notice these people who swear by two strokes and nothing else. I personally like both types of power cycles currently incorporated in dirt bikes but these things i hear are like nails on a chalkboard

1. Just wait for direct injection then two strokes will be cheap, light, and have smooth power. Oh so di adds no weight and no expense? Perfectly logical

2. Two strokes are so reliable.

Ha funny joke i know so many people that are maintenance freaks and repeatedly put $1-2000 into 2 strokes that blow up. 4ts have to be rebuilt way less and cost more but also have better power and dont randomly blow top ends like 2ts. Its a toss up

3. 4t maintenance is so hard. Oh is it? Are valves rocket science? I mean maybe its above your iq level of 74 but its not too bad if you get off your lazy ass and learn how.

There are so many more things like their so heavy boohoo just shut the &%$#@! up and eat some 4t roost

• Like 7

I notice these people who swear by two strokes and nothing else. I personally like both types of power cycles currently incorporated in dirt bikes but these things i hear are like nails on a chalkboard

1. Just wait for direct injection then two strokes will be cheap, light, and have smooth power. Oh so di adds no weight and no expense? Perfectly logical

2. Two strokes are so reliable.

Ha funny joke i know so many people that are maintenance freaks and repeatedly put $1-2000 into 2 strokes that blow up. 4ts have to be rebuilt way less and cost more but also have better power and dont randomly blow top ends like 2ts. Its a toss up

3. 4t maintenance is so hard. Oh is it? Are valves rocket science? I mean maybe its above your iq level of 74 but its not too bad if you get off your lazy ass and learn how.

There are so many more things like their so heavy boohoo just shut the &%$#@! up and eat some 4t roost

hate_zps4d0858eb.jpg

• Like 2

There are so many variables in having 4 strokes blow up, and gosh their parts are expensive. They're easier to ride TO ME, but not worth the payment.

2 strokes are cheaper to maintain, if you say otherwise then stfu, 4 strokes are easier to ride for most people but that's debatable. move on.

• Like 1

There are so many variables in having 4 strokes blow up, and gosh their parts are expensive. They're easier to ride TO ME, but not worth the payment.

2 strokes are cheaper to maintain, if you say otherwise then stfu, 4 strokes are easier to ride for most people but that's debatable. move on.

How? A top end every 30 hours on a 2 stroke, or valve adjustments 60 hours on a 450? Doesnt seem that much cheaper, but besides these are race bikes,cost really shouldnt be your number 1 concern if your interested in winning.

How? A top end every 30 hours on a 2 stroke, or valve adjustments 60 hours on a 450? Doesnt seem that much cheaper, but besides these are race bikes,cost really shouldnt be your number 1 concern if your interested in winning.

30 hours? Thats if your racing it, and thats not when they blow, just when most people rebuild it. You can get 200 hours out of a motor, just maintain it diligently, know what your doing, and dont ride a 4 stroke ?

• Like 1