Sign in to follow this  

what bike should i get

hi,i have a 4 stroke 2004 crf 100 f,i'm wanting a new ,2 stroke bike thats good for sand and dirt.I was thinking of getting a ktm 200,but i want up and go speed,and they said that most of the speed is from mid, to high range,i want a bike thats reliable and will last me many years.

any ideas

doesnt have to be bran new 

Edited by joeyschmo101

yeah that is a pretty big jump in bikes. 

+1 on age and experience level ?

Also how tall are you?

obviously experience, height, weight, ect. matter and I am not a 2t guy, but i have been riding for like 8 years im 5'9 130 pounds. Last year i went from a crf80f to a crf250r and this past week i went to a kx450f. i have had no problems adjusting to the power.

hi,i have a 4 stroke 2004 crf 100 f,i'm wanting a new ,2 stroke bike thats good for sand and dirt.I was thinking of getting a ktm 200,but i want up and go speed,and they said that most of the speed is from mid, to high range,i want a bike thats reliable and will last me many years.

any ideas

doesnt have to be bran new 

I'd say find a Husky CR144 or KTM 150 somewhere - people understimate small bores - they have plenty of power for the average rider if you know how to ride them.

I'd say find a Husky CR144 or KTM 150 somewhere - people understimate small bores - they have plenty of power for the average rider if you know how to ride them.

Agreed, but for sand they might not be the best idea. When you say sand, do you mean sand dunes or just the occasional sandy track/trail?

A 200 two stroke is equivilant to a 400 four stroke.

Could you handle a 400 four stroke? I'd be looking at a 125 two stroke or a CRF 230 maybe

I don't think u realize how much more power a 125 would have over ur 100

• Like 1

A cr 125 will rip and tear the with lots of power and throw you off the back if ur not careful

i drove our ttr 225(which we sold),and i was fine,i think a 200 would be best ,but i dont know which one to get

sounds like your heart is set on a KTM 200. They're good bikes.

i heard that rm 250 are crazy,anything thats that crazy fast,but my size

The rider makes a bike crazy fast, not the other way around. Don't try to keep up with your friends or get something 'crazy fast' just so you can tell people you ride a 250. Get something that's good for you at this point in time, and maybe you can work up to a 250.

I ride a 125, and I've blown past my friends who ride 250 (2 strokes). The pride you feel when you pass 250's on a 125 is awesome - It's the underdog. And it proves that you're a better rider.

Forget what's "crazy fast", buy a 125 or 200. They'll feel crazy fast compared to what you're used to.