Sign in to follow this  

another silly webracer question...

boys hows it goin !? 

well i notice johnny campbell always has ear plugs when he takes his helmet of after racing. why is this? radio?? or because the bike is soo loud and hes going flat out the whole time?

Johnny Airtime should be fielding these ?'s 

but here we go...

Bike teams with radio coms use a PPT (push to talk) button such as this one from PCI radios. http://www.pciraceradios.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=3739738527990972673

This is the low end unit. There are nicer (more durable ones) also. 

Helmets are wired with either foam ear speakers taped inside with a mic. Rich and faster guys seem to use the ear buds and tape them to their ears. 

Rich guys also tend to have hotter wives and a mistress or two. Rich guys are not necessarily the same people as fast guys (or generous guys)

• Like 2

Scotty you are a screw ball

I think Johnny wears ear plugs when he doesn't have a radio too.... I don't like it on the bike, having ear buds/plugs, I can't hear the bike well enough for me. I do run a radio but have the speakers built into the helmet instead of in ear buds. My trucks I use ear buds with speakers in them, BUT not in limited cars, I blew up a motor that way before.

I see lots of guys running ear plugs including Morton who I respect as much as 11-Time but I can't run ear plugs like them.

Edited by BoogersDad

x2 on that PAB. I've used ear plugs before but lost the feel of the bike...gotta hear the sweet music of the motor. I now use the round speakers in the helmet.

Scotty...type O. PTT not PPT = Push To Talk.  Just busting your balls, don't take it seriously. 

RAK

Scotty you are a screw ball

I think Johnny wears ear plugs when he doesn't have a radio too.... I don't like it on the bike, having ear buds/plugs, I can't hear the bike well enough for me. I do run a radio but have the speakers built into the helmet instead of in ear buds. My trucks I use ear buds with speakers in them, BUT not in limited cars, I blew up a motor that way before.

I see lots of guys running ear plugs including Morton who I respect as much as 11-Time but I can't run ear plugs like them.

Funny Story:

I stopped at the Cannondale factory one day and tried to get a tour of the motorcycle facility. Didn't happen, so I snuck out back to the race team headquarters where the shop doors were always open. Walked in and started talking to the mechanic of there rider, Jason Thomas I think, as he was working on the factory Cannondale race machine. Pure work of Art, as they had telemetry sensors everywhere measuring frame stress/stretch etc...

So the mechanic says, "You can sit on it if you want", So I jump up on the bike and proclaim, "Man! I want to ride one of these!!". Right at that moment, a door opens upstairs in this office and this stunningly attractive blond comes walking down the staircase into the shop. All of the mechanics have stopped everything and are watching this blond bombshell saunter down the steps. As she makes it over to the door by me sitting on the bike she says, "Your not JT. You shouldn't be on JT's bike.", and she walks out of the shop. As I'm still drooling sitting there, the mechanic leans in and says,

"You've got to get a lot faster if you want to ride one of them!!! The whole shop erupts in laughter!!!!

And more prophetic words have never been spoken!!!         :lol: