Sign in to follow this  

Slow oil leak :(

Hey Guys,

I got a really slow oil leak from the oil hose that connects to the front of the engine, I think one of the gaskets has not sealed tightly after oil change and is in need of replacement. It only starts leaking once I've been riding for a while and the engine is warm and stops once it's cooled down.

The bike is my main mode of transport to and from work and i will need to wait a week until my local suzuki dealer can have the OEM parts in for me so my question is, is there something else I could use instead of the OEM part? Would a pair of correctly sized stainless steel washers suffice?

Cheers

EDIT: For clarification part number 4 here https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/oem.php?partcategory=289959&manufacturer=5&category=5&year=2001&model=5412

Edited by gbren

Would say what you so sad for?! Its a little thing to fix not hard whatsoever least its not a head gasket or something but order the part and take your time! Good luck

Haven't touched the engine yet mate, bought it second hand.

thats why. How often do you do oil changes? How long has it been just curious. At end of the day its a dirtbike engine they have never been reilable compare to twins

Its done 1k since last service from the receipt. I treat it pretty damn good, I've pulled it apart and lubed up all the pivot points on swing arms, axles and what not. Haven't touched engine or forks yet, I wanna get in there but am limited by my tool set :(