IT'S LIVE! Full Review 2019 Honda CRF450L!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Getting bottom end rebuilt on my 04 cr250 - need opinions on builders

I know my bike has alot of hours on it and its getting time for a rebuild soon. 

I called up Chad Watts of Watts Perfections (RC's old mechanic before mike gosselar) and he quoted me about $900-1000 on the low side of things, parts and labor included (this includes the top end as well)

Im going to call Millenium Tech and speak with Eric gorr obviously but id also like to know if any of y'all have used Reynard Modifications??

I dont want to do anything to the motor other than maybe having the ports cleaned up. Im going to skip out on getting the base of the cylinder and head cut as i dont want to run race gas

Has anyone just sent the bottom end off to be rebuilt and just got the cylinder replated and threw in a new piston on their own??

Where are you in Texas? I know several guys in the Fort Worth area that can do the job. With all new OEM parts and a cylinder replate, you are looking at about $600 in parts and $200 in labor.

Where are you in Texas? I know several guys in the Fort Worth area that can do the job. With all new OEM parts and a cylinder replate, you are looking at about $600 in parts and $200 in labor.

hey, im in the austin area. are they companies or people you know personally??

id honestly do it myself but i dont have the tools to do it and im currently renting a room in a house so its not like i can make a mess. dont live with my parents anymore :(

hey, im in the austin area. are they companies or people you know personally??

id honestly do it myself but i dont have the tools to do it and im currently renting a room in a house so its not like i can make a mess. dont live with my parents anymore :(

A friend of mine does engines on the side and he's about 1/2 the labor cost of a shop.