Clutch problem?

The clutch on my 2012 EXC250F is playing up.

It works ok at first but after a few minutes it won't pull all the way to the handle bars, it stops about 1cm from the bars.

This has only started happening in the last couple of rides, I've bled the clutch, replacing the fluid and yes I bled it with a syring from the engine up to the bars.

The clutch still works but obviously its not working fully.

Has anyone come across this before or can give me some advise before I start pulling it the clutch apart.

Cheers Steve.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the lever not going in all the way doesn't sound like an issue of air in the system. It sounds more like an issue with the clutch basket.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the lever not going in all the way doesn't sound like an issue of air in the system. It sounds more like an issue with the clutch basket.

I thought as much but as I was bleeding the clutch on my Husaberg, so I did my KTM at the sometime just to eliminate it and freshen up the fluid.

So strip the clutch it is :)

Look at a simple thing first, KTM uses large and wide handlebar controls that move on the bar, causing the clutch to not be fully pressed in. I remember I couldnt figure out why my clutch wasn't going in on the way and I simply had to slide over the turn signal and light bar controls.

Look at a simple thing first, KTM uses large and wide handlebar controls that move on the bar, causing the clutch to not be fully pressed in. I remember I couldnt figure out why my clutch wasn't going in on the way and I simply had to slide over the turn signal and light bar controls.

Ok, I'll have a look but its been ok for the last 18 months so I think its probably internal.