yz250 petcock(gas tap)with reserve?

Hey, I have a 2004 yz250 and as a lot of you probably know, its petcock(gas tap) has on of off

Does anyone know what other gas taps with the reserve option will fit my bike?

my brothers 05'wr250 has a petcock that has on and off as well as reserve- would a WR gas tap fit, and what year model?

Hey, I have a 2004 yz250 and as a lot of you probably know, its petcock(gas tap) has on of off Does anyone know what other gas taps with the reserve option will fit my bike? my brothers 05'wr250 has a petcock that has on and off as well as reserve- would a WR gas tap fit, and what year model?

I'm almost positive the  WR  4s petcocks will bolt right in and they have reserve.

• Like 1

The older (non-FI) WR petcock is a bolt-on replacement BUT, there are two different styles.

One has the outlet pipe pointing rearward, which makes for tricky/difficult/impossible routing of the fuel line to the carb.

The other, older style has the outlet pointing forward, which greatly simplifies fuel line routing.

Sorry I don't have any part numbers, but I believe the older design (1997?) is the better choice for our YZs.

• Like 1

I put one from an 09 WR on mine, it fit fine, but it had the outlet pointing towards the cyinder.  I mounted it backwards to make the outlet face the other direction and it worked fine.  I just used regular automotive fuel injection hose and made an "S" bend and there were no kinks.  It was a little bit of a PITA to turn on/off so after a while I put the stocker back on.  If I was riding somewhere that I might use more than a tank in one ride I would remount it though.  I'm eventually going to get a natural stock-capacity tank so I can just see the fuel level. 

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks for all the input, so do I need to get a 97'ish model wr petcock and then a 90degrees fuel filter...where can I get one of these filters? on ebay I have seen some but none for my bike, and is a fuel filter going to screw with my premix fuel? some of them(for cars) say something about taking out water, could this be bad if it somehow takes out the premix instead?(by premix I mean oil)

also tbh I would like someone to recommend a brand, as some of these just look like another part that could brake, on my all so simple yz as it stands atm ?

which ones are strong? which ones should I not get?

Found it!

Fuel cock, part number 5UM-24500-E0-00. From the 2007-2011 WR450 & 250f.

This has the forward-pointing outlet pipe, which allows easier fuel line routing to the carb. (This may not be a factor on the 125s).

The reason I hunted down the part number is because I currently have the rear exit type of reserve petcock, and I can't get a satisfactory fuel line path to the carb.

As soon as I get this new petcock the old one will be up for grabs if you think you can make it work.

Side note: I've never felt the need for a fuel filter on a dirt bike. The screen on the inlet pipe of the petcock serves just fine. Our float bowls are always debris-free.

• Like 1

I recomend 97-98WR250Z petcock to you. Its part number is 4JW-24500-00-00.

It has outlet pipe pointing downward. It is exactry the same with 97-14YZ250 petcock except it has the reserve function.

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks! looks like im going to go for the 97-98' one, since it's outlet is downward pointing, thanks for the help and suggestions, one thing i hate is buying from a website that does not have a picture haha, most of them have a picture of the yamaha genuine part only :(