Sign in to follow this  

should I get a 2007 cr250 for $6000

Seems high to me. Book value is under 3k.

Yea it's a bit high,but if its tidy, then the price is pretty close.........there's not many 07's for sale in Australia..

im sure it will always be worth $$$ in years to come........unlike a crf250 which will drop each year until its worth less than the 07 CR!

If you look around most 07's are selling in Australia for $5k approx so if u can afford it, BUY it!

I'll be keeping mine forever, and even though I know the 2013 CRF 450 is a way better machine to ride and race, the 07 CR is a piece of history......

I wouldn't buy that bike, it has racing numbers on the side, it means it has been raced, modified, and the motor beat to hell.

You will buy it, seize the crank, find out the guy did some weird porting to it, revalued and respring it to his weight, and now you need to spend $$$ to make it stock.

Avoid race bikes. Even if they look pretty.

I wouldn't buy that bike, it has racing numbers on the side, it means it has been raced, modified, and the motor beat to hell.

You will buy it, seize the crank, find out the guy did some weird porting to it, revalued and respring it to his weight, and now you need to spend $$$ to make it stock.

I would buy a race bike over any farm ridden field bike that never got its air filter cleaned. At least most raced bikes were taken care of properly. Bc you're racing them and need them to be in top order.

• Like 6

I would buy a race bike over any farm ridden field bike that never got its air filter cleaned. At least most raced bikes were taken care of properly. Bc you're racing them and need them to be in top order.

I wouldn't buy a farm ridden field bike either.

I always ask the owner dumb questions, like how often I should clean the air filter or change the oil, and how should I premix it.

The responses to these are very telling.

My buddy bought an ex race bike, looked clean but had many hidden problems.

$ 6,000 ? no way. thats to much for a brand new, never ridden. let alone a used one.

I bought a sand dune bike one time. Never again. People assume your a dumbass if you race and all race bikes are hammered. Most track raced bikes don't get all that many hours.

I wouldn't buy a farm ridden field bike either.

I always ask the owner dumb questions, like how often I should clean the air filter or change the oil, and how should I premix it.

The responses to these are very telling.

My buddy bought an ex race bike, looked clean but had many hidden problems.

As a seller, I would be thinking you don't have any business buying a dirt bike.

Hell no.  It wasn't worth $6k when it was new in '07, and it sure isn't worth that now.  Didn't those get blown out at the end of the year for like $4-4.5k?

I've been offered $6K for a 0 hr. showroom cond. 07 here in CA.   It really depends on the buyer & what they're willing to spend.     

Hell no.  It wasn't worth $6k when it was new in '07, and it sure isn't worth that now.  Didn't those get blown out at the end of the year for like $4-4.5k?

They were $9990 in Australia in 2007 when our Aussie dollar was worth about .60 cents US and they all sold out

As a seller, I would be thinking you don't have any business buying a dirt bike.

So you wouldn't sell your bike to a dumb@ss?

I could care less who buys my bike. If Adolf Hitler came back to life tomorrow and wanted to pay what I thought was a fair price for whatever I was selling, sure! If the KKK marched into my yard and offered to buy my truck or car or whatever I was selling, it wouldn't stop me at all. I'd sell a cr500 to a 4 year old if he/she had the cash. Money talks. 

• Like 1

id buy a beat looking race bike before i even considered looking ata bike someone just tooled around in the backyard with

So you wouldn't sell your bike to a dumb@ss?

Just so long as it's clear once he buys it he owns it. There is also a chance the dumbass will hurt himself on it. I'd still sell.I won't be insulted and then lowballed