Wr 250 model year differences

Hey guys,

Im currently looking at an 06 wr250 and would like to know what the main differences are between it and a newer one (2010-2013) range. I know they have switched between marzocchi and kyb open chambers but what about motors etc? What rider weight are they typically sprung for? Ill be using the bike for scrambles/gncc. Thanks!

Thats funny, I just logged in to ask this same question?

I couldn't find a changes / year list for the WR250/300 models, in the Honda forum is a really good list of each detail of every changes in their CR models ...

So far, I think the switched to KYB forks in 2010... The motor is (I think) kind of an oldie, but had some cylinder (porting) changes over the years but I'm not really sure...

Hopefull someone that knows better can say us more about it ?

Edited by Hurky

• 3 weeks later...

Thats funny, I just logged in to ask this same question?

I couldn't find a changes / year list for the WR250/300 models, in the Honda forum is a really good list of each detail of every changes in their CR models ...

So far, I think the switched to KYB forks in 2010... The motor is (I think) kind of an oldie, but had some cylinder (porting) changes over the years but I'm not really sure...

Hopefull someone that knows better can say us more about it ?

I have a 2006 Wr 250 and a 2010 Wr 300  a lot is the same and a lot is different   bottom line the 2006 is a ok bike but if you want a better bike spend a few more dollars and get a 2010 up bike    also depends on you riding ability  

I could list all the differences but in the end the newer bike has a few more changes that are better but then consider cost

• 2 weeks later...

I went from an 07 250 to a 10 300. Newer forks are a lot better. I thing the 08 and 09 had Marzocci forks that were better than the 07 and older, then KYB in 10+

Other than that, not much different except the colour. 

Some really good deals on brand new ones here, so the 06 better be really cheap.

Some good info there, appart the KYB forks, what was different 2009 vs 2010+ ?  Have seen some good priced 2009 ones...

Are the KYB 48mm better as the Marzocchi Shiver 50mm ? I think this is more personal preference... I've read from both thay are better but in the end I must try them for myself to compare...

I have an 07 and my friend has an 06, his motor power delivery is a lot more abrupt, pretty sure he has the same carb as me. I did a JD Jet kit and a leaner slide, 4.0 over the 3.0, stiffer fork springs, lighter oil and a Gnarly pipe.

Been very happy with the bike.