loudest exhaust for my cr's

well I want a really loud exhaust for my cr's, but I also want them to sound good!

any thoughts?

btw, my bikes are a 2001 cr125 and I might be getting a 2007 cr250

Do you have any sort of legitimate reason for wanting a loud pipe? Loud =/= faster.

If you want it loud, take all the packing out. But know this, hearing loss is degenerative, once it's gone it's gone. The quieter the better. My FMF Q Stealth is awesome.

well I want a really loud exhaust for my cr's, but I also want them to sound good!

That's an oxymoron --- loud pipes do not sound good -- especially on 2 strokes --- a loud 2 stroke sounds like a ragged out POS

If you want loud, get a Harley.  

That's an oxymoron --- loud pipes do not sound good -- especially on 2 strokes --- a loud 2 stroke sounds like a ragged out POS

And produces less power. Don't be a stupid prepubescent, use a properly packed silencer.

I still stand behind this statement above for 99% of the time , but will amend this by saying that -- for closed course motocross use only, if the OP just wants the bike to sound healthy and a bit "barky" then a fresh top end can be complemented by an FMF pipe/Shorty muffler combo -- PC may also make a shorty muffler too. But the top end has to be squared away or it will sound loose and rattly

My choice would be the thick walled FMF gnarly pipe combined with the stealth muffler as KG mentioned though

another single digit op that wants loud.

awesome.

And these are the types of people that are causing us to lose riding areas!! Use your brain a little! Like everyone else has said, a loud blown out silencer sounds horrendous and even worse is your bike will run terrible with a tremendous amount of power lose!

Don't even take that loud piped Piece on MY Public Lands. I'm fighting to keep them open, no thanks to loud pipes and those who stray off the trail!

Staythetrail.org

COHVCO.org

Don't even take that loud piped Piece on MY Public Lands. I'm fighting to keep them open, no thanks to loud pipes and those who stray off the trail!

Staythetrail.org

COHVCO.org

The good news is the OP is apparently located in Australia.

Haha minor detail that I overlooked....but still !  :naughty:

My Husaberg 450fe has been re packed with less and shortened. Guys rag all your want but I ride a supermoto and it has saved me every year because of brainless drivers. Doesn't even sound like a Harley IMO but when you put it down you'll hear it coming a block and a half away

If you're relying on your exhaust to keep you safe on the road, you're not a very smart rider. It's nothing new that cagers don't pay attention, and a loud bike is just another road noise. You as a rider must be attentative and always looking in 360 degrees. That's why I sold my SM, too much worrying and not enough enjoyment.

To answer your question: If you decide to go for a CR250 maybe you can use the Dynoport big core barker silencer for the CR500. I use them and they are loud and sound fantastic!

I just wish leo vince made a silencer for the cr. Best silence/sparky ive ever owned and sounded great.

If you're relying on your exhaust to keep you safe on the road, you're not a very smart rider. It's nothing new that cagers don't pay attention, and a loud bike is just another road noise. You as a rider must be attentative and always looking in 360 degrees. That's why I sold my SM, too much worrying and not enough enjoyment.

Never said I was relying on it, it's for awareness and not a smart rider? I'm pretty much driving the cars around me while riding