Replacing Stock Bulb

I believe they are H4 bulbs. Just pull it out. Go to AutoZone or the like and get a new one. Stock are 55/60watt. I put in a 90/100watt H4 bulb I got from ProCycle. I like it a lot. Nice and bright for a drop in plug and play bulb. Remember to not get greasey fingerprints on the bulb. Keep it nice and clean!

Of course I take it is for a DR-Z????

I believe they are H4 bulbs. Just pull it out. Go to AutoZone or the like and get a new one. Stock are 55/60watt. I put in a 90/100watt H4 bulb I got from ProCycle. I like it a lot. Nice and bright for a drop in plug and play bulb. Remember to not get greasey fingerprints on the bulb. Keep it nice and clean!

Of course I take it is for a DR-Z????

Thanks for the info and yes, it's for a DRZs. I thought the stock wattage was 35w. I would like to pick up a higher wattage bulb like your 100 watt but I don't think my charging system is up to the job right now, which is a whole other post.

There are several models of the DRZ400 and various years.  With some identification of the motorcycle you need a bulb for, we could make an informed recommendation.

I thought the headlight stayed the same for all years and models, my mistake!

My bike is an '01 S model

For the S model, the headlight did stay the same.  Yes it takes a standard H4 dual filament bulb.  (H4 with P43t base to be exact)  Stock wattage is 55/60.  Yes you can install a higher wattage bulb if you don't go crazy.  80/100 is a big as I would go.  You can get more light with leas watts if you go HID.  You can also get more light from the original size bulb if you upgrade the wires to the headlight.  Usually done with a relay.  H4 bulbs like to operate at 13 volts.

For the S model, the headlight did stay the same.  Yes it takes a standard H4 dual filament bulb.  (H4 with P43t base to be exact)  Stock wattage is 55/60.  Yes you can install a higher wattage bulb if you don't go crazy.  80/100 is a big as I would go.  You can get more light with leas watts if you go HID.  You can also get more light from the original size bulb if you upgrade the wires to the headlight.  Usually done with a relay.  H4 bulbs like to operate at 13 volts.

Thanks for all the good info, Noble. I was thinking about going HID but decided not to after hearing about them going out often. Think I may try going up to a higher wattage though.