Sign in to follow this  

KTM 530 Long haul

Hey guys Im new to my 2008 KTM exc-r 530 big bore.

Im looking to take it 680 miles 98% highway. Other than changing my oil before and after I get there do you think I can make that mission. I plan on doing 350 Miles a day.

thanks

The bike should make the trip without a problem, If I was doing that much pavement riding I'd want to install a cush drive on it. 

Hodakaguy

• Like 1

Thanks alot Hodakaguy

I had a few over heating issues with a bent rad cap and now noticed the little drip from the water pump ... gonna have to change that I guess - I asked about the upgrade on your how 2 change that - because I want the high flow kit

Thanks alot Hodakaguy

I had a few over heating issues with a bent rad cap and now noticed the little drip from the water pump ... gonna have to change that I guess - I asked about the upgrade on your how 2 change that - because I want the high flow kit

Is the bike de-smogged?  Proper jetting and a fan kit will go a long way on over heating issues.  There are also two different temps for the fan thermo switch...going off memory I think they are a 85 Deg C or a 100 Deg C switch, running the lower switch will get you cooler temps by kicking the fan on earlier...but may also drain the batt unless your running the Trailtech stator as well.  The high flow water pump cant hurt...but I didn't have cooling issues before installing it so I can't say for sure it's a big benifit. 

Hodakaguy