Sign in to follow this  

Why does my cr250 keep bogging down.

I have a 2000 cr250 that ran great until I turned the bike on its side to put some JB on the left case cover as it was leaking oil there.(I did shut the fuel off). When I propped the bike back up and turned the gas back on, gas started running out of the carb overflow. I figured the float was stuck so I tapped the bowl with a hammer to loosen it up and it stopped leaking. I then hopped on the bike to ride it, as soon as i lay into the throttle it seems like the bike is starving for gas. The plug looked good and dry and If i adjusted the air screw on the carb in or out either way it would run worse. I just broke the bike in the day before and started riding it a little longer and harder that day. What the heck happened. All the seals are tight, and I installed a new air filter but it ran good with it the day before. is the float out of position or something?  Heres a video of what the bikes doing  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1MF8C3f-qg&feature=youtu.be

Tear down the carburetor. If your float was stuck, whatever was holding it there can clog jets, gunk up passages, and just make the bike run like a turd. Check your reeds as well. If one chips, the bike will run way too rich and stumble. How much oil was in the filter. If you over-oil it, it will restrict the airflow to the carb as well.