Flat Landed, is it just a sprain?

I was at the track yesterday, and I over jumped a 80ft jump, so I probably went 85-90ft to flat. Didn't wreck or anything, but the suspension bottomed out, and now the top of my foot near the ankle hurts when I push off while walking. If I'm just sitting around it's fine though. I just assume it's lightly sprained, so I've been icing it.

Any thoughts?

I was at the track yesterday, and I over jumped a 80ft jump, so I probably went 85-90ft to flat. Didn't wreck or anything, but the suspension bottomed out, and now the top of my foot near the ankle hurts when I push off while walking. If I'm just sitting around it's fine though. I just assume it's lightly sprained, so I've been icing it.

Any thoughts?

Is it a sharp shooting pain? If not your probly fine and its just sore from impact.. I ride desert I jump to flats all the time, ive had the pain on top of the foot too and it was gone within a few days..

I continue to be surprised about the consequences of MX injuries. And I still haven't met anyone with X-ray vision.  That being said, an X-ray is indicated considering the amount of force the body absorbs in this sport.

Is it a sharp shooting pain? If not your probly fine and its just sore from impact.. I ride desert I jump to flats all the time, ive had the pain on top of the foot too and it was gone within a few days..

That's what I'm hoping. I can walk pretty normally if I turn my foot sideways so the weight is distributed evenly. It started to feel better, the I jarred it at football and it hurts again.

use the mantra:  "it's just a sprain it's not broken"  "it's just a sprain it's not broken" till the end of ride  ride/race.   next morning if it's 3x it's normal size and ten different colors repeat the mantra "it happened at work" "it happened at work"

Haha yeah! I had to end after that jump though.

It's defiantly not broken, just light swelling.

The top hurts, not sure how I could've bruised it up there, but I guess anything is possible.

I continue to be surprised about the consequences of MX injuries. And I still haven't met anyone with X-ray vision.  That being said, an X-ray is indicated considering the amount of force the body absorbs in this sport.

psssssh what are you a doctor or something.. Lol jk I see your from Houston I'm from Beaumont that ain't too far if u ever ride at badlands hmu

Update:

Well it's finally starting to feel better. I noticed a few days ago a bump was starting to form right under the inner ankle, it got bigger, and started to get bigger than the part of your ankle that sticks out like a knob.

It didn't hurt to touch so I massaged it a little, I started to push harder a whuusshhh, I felt the liquid in the bump disappear. Don't know what it was, but it's better now.