Rear rotor issues

Any other guys having issues with the rear rotor. I have already been through a set of pads and have some new ones arriving tomorrow but the rotor looks like crap.  It has a well defined grove where the pads rub, like the metal is weak or soft or something.  I have never seen anything like it before. I thought I read somewhere about someone else having issues with the 2 stroke rotors. I would advise everyone to have a have a look at theirs.  Just wanted to get some more feedback before I contacted ambeta. Sure seems like a potential defect to me.

Glad I am not the only one. I am also about half gone as well, with a 1/4 gone from each side in a deep grove.  While my pads are wearing quickly on the front and also need to be replaced, the front rotor looks fine.  I am trying some renthal pads this time to see if they hold up any better.  Will have to do some searching and get a different brand rotor.

Been thru two rear rotors on my son's CRF150r and he is now approaching 100 hrs. mark. Also found some pads eat rotors much more quickly while not stopping or lasting any better. Braking race pads lasted one race and ate the rotor up. EBC sintered pads have been on for the past 5 races and are 1/2 worn and still stop better than the Braking pads.

Rear rotor on the 250 was done at 40 hrs. No issues with a solid Innteck rotor for the last 30 hrs. I think this has been addressed for the 2014 models.

mine is totally wasted after 35, i think he can handle no more than a couple of rides...

I think i'll try out the racing version of Darimotor rotor, is basically a solid round disc with little slots.

img_0308.jpg

Rear rotor on the 250 was done at 40 hrs. No issues with a solid Innteck rotor for the last 30 hrs. I think this has been addressed for the 2014 models.

+1

2014s have 'harder' discs.

In mine I used Innteck solid disk from new (winter conditions) but then I replaced the OEM disk (I think that I didn't even put new pads :unsure: ) and with about 25-30 hours I don't have any problems but I haven't used in muddy conditions.

However, now I need new rear pads (around 60 hours).

Just measured mine before putting on my new renthal pads, I am at 4 mm in the grove, 3.5mm is the limit.  24hrs on my bike.  Called my dealer and he is going to call ambeta and see what is up.  He also said he was shipped a replacement throttle for me to pickup. Apparently some other manufacturers have been having cable fray issues with this model and it is an updated design.