1987 CR250....might be one up 4 sale...

OK gang, here's the scoop. I have in my garage a ****very clean**** '87 CR250. It was my father's and he basically rode around some trails, fields and the like (he was about 50 years old when he acquired it some time in '88, if I recall correctly) so it has very very low hours. As much as I'd like to keep it for nostalgia purposes, I honestly won't be able to ride it much so I'd rather see someone who appreciates how special the 1987 model was get a chance to own it. As you can see from the photos, the bike is very clean with just about everything stock. It starts right up and runs great, the radiators look clean inside so the water pump appears to be working just fine. The suspension was setup by Pro-Circuit, tires are fresh AND it comes with a large box of spares... seals, bearings, clutch kit, shop manual, extra front tire, new handguards, etc etc. If anyone wants to talk $$, feel free to reach out to me:

mark dot financial at gmail dot com

or call/text me at: six three zero-336-7786.

It's sometimes hard to talk at work so we may need to speak after 5pm central time

CR LEFT.JPG

CR RIGHT.JPG

CR FR.JPG

more photos of spare parts

rear shock.JPG

spare parts 1.JPG

spare parts 2.JPG

spare parts 3.JPG

Does it have the stock pipe?

Does it have the stock pipe?

Honestly, I'm not sure on the pipe.... the silencer is still stock and the pipe doesn't have any markings anywhere...maybe you can tell by zooming in on the right side view or maybe I can post a more close up photo tonight.

Nice, clean bike. Probably fetch in the $1500-$1900 range to the vintage crowd. Dont be offended by offers that dont meet your "sentimental Value" though.

Where in Illinois?

Where are you? I'm in Madison, WI so we may be close...

if you were close, i (vintage crowd) would give you $2500 easy.

That's to bad your not in CA otherwise I'd be on my way with cash in hand to wheel & deal.   It's hard to find a clean unmolested 87 model like the one in the pics.   To this day I feel it was one of the best CR250's owned.   Good luck on your sale.. 

Where are you? I'm in Madison, WI so we may be close...

I'm in the western suburbs outside Chicago... about 20 minutes from O'hare.

If anyone was so inclined and wanted to ship the bike, if you arrange the details and have the crate dropped off my place, I'll drain all fluids and pack it up in the crate, then it can be picked up by shipping company.

OK gang, here's the scoop. I have in my garage a ****very clean**** '87 CR250. It was my father's and he basically rode around some trails, fields and the like (he was about 50 years old when he acquired it some time in '88, if I recall correctly) so it has very very low hours. As much as I'd like to keep it for nostalgia purposes, I honestly won't be able to ride it much so I'd rather see someone who appreciates how special the 1987 model was get a chance to own it. As you can see from the photos, the bike is very clean with just about everything stock. It starts right up and runs great, the radiators look clean inside so the water pump appears to be working just fine. The suspension was setup by Pro-Circuit, tires are fresh AND it comes with a large box of spares... seals, bearings, clutch kit, shop manual, extra front tire, new handguards, etc etc. If anyone wants to talk $$, feel free to reach out to me:

mark dot financial at gmail dot com

or call/text me at: six three zero-336-7786.

It's sometimes hard to talk at work so we may need to speak after 5pm central time

attachicon.gifCR LEFT.JPG

Well, it's officially now listed for sale....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CR-/181220860904

Let us know how much you get! Good luck

how come you stopped the auction. i wanted to see what it could fetch!

very nice! note to self, leave some vintage cr cash in home remodel budget. ugh live and learn.. 

she's a beauty.