PLEASE HELP!

I have a 92 Kawasaki KDX250. I was riding in the rain today and my bike started to ef up. I tried shifting from second to third and it wouldnt work. So i shut off my bike and now it wont go into neutral. Any ideas of what it could be? :(

I know this sounds very stupid but make sure you check your shift lever to make sure it's not loose, if that's not it then its internal , could be a bent shift for or maybe something's wrong with the shift shaft

I have a 92 Kawasaki KDX250. I was riding in the rain today and my bike started to ef up. I tried shifting from second to third and it wouldnt work. So i shut off my bike and now it wont go into neutral. Any ideas of what it could be? :(

worse comes to worse, you may need new shift arms or a new shift drum. This happened to my friends 1988 rm125. Good luck bud!

worse comes to worse, you may need new shift arms or a new shift drum. This happened to my friends 1988 rm125. Good luck bud!

I dont know man. Im gonna pull the clutch cover off tonight. I need to see if the clutch is sticking. Then im gonna go in and check the shift forks. Im thinking it might be 2nd and 3rd gear shift fork. It wont go into 1st, neutral, 4th or 5th. It wasn't shifting into first gear properly before this happened too. Anything?

It may also be the gears themselves then. I'm no mad scientist but it really does sound like a fork or shaft is toasted. Try posting pics on here about what you find.