Sign in to follow this  

Have YOU seen a clutch basket this bad?

I have been getting horrible starts this year so i decided to pull the clutch on my 02' cr250 and this is what it looked like.

image.jpg

Edited by mx965

i'm surprised you were even able to get the clutch to disengage with that. dang. How old is it? that or you must drop clutch it like its hot.

Heres the deal fella's lol i bought the bike off of a kid a little while back (May of this year) It had a brand new top and bottom end in it with a "brand new" clutch. Well i have ridden all year long and really im not a clutch hound or anything so i guess the seller just flat out lied to me. 

i'm surprised you were even able to get the clutch to disengage with that. dang. How old is it? that or you must drop clutch it like its hot.

Lol, it didnt get off the start for jack!

just buy barnet with steel studs.

what did you do to make that? did you fan the clutch much?

I don't feather it that much i think the seller lied to me or just didnt know.

Yup sounds you got lied to or the po wasn't very bright. like what was said above im surprised that the clutch even worked at all. i pulled the clutch off a 99 yz 125 right after i bought it and it looked half that bad and the clutch wouldn't work whatsoever. but the hub on mine was wasted too.

what does the rest of it look like? are the iner hub and all the plates any good or are they completely wasted too? they might have just swapped plates and called that a "new" clutch. like the PO of my bike who put in a new jug on the old piston and tried calling that a "fresh top end:naughty:  

Yup sounds you got lied to or the po wasn't very bright. like what was said above im surprised that the clutch even worked at all. i pulled the clutch off a 99 yz 125 right after i bought it and it looked half that bad and the clutch wouldn't work whatsoever. but the hub on mine was wasted too.

what does the rest of it look like? are the iner hub and all the plates any good or are they completely wasted too? they might have just swapped plates and called that a "new" clutch. like the PO of my bike who put in a new jug on the old piston and tried calling that a "fresh top end:naughty:

Surprisingly the steels and fibers didnt look that bad, the pressure plate doesnt have any seriuos grooves in it either the inner hub has some grooves so i am replacing EVERYTHING with hinson.

i am replacing EVERYTHING with hinson.

Hinson makes great stuff --- Rekluse makes even better stuff (OK - opinions vary) --- saves a couple of bucks and has superior QC and customer service to back 'em up ---

tough to go wrong either way, but a new manual clutch kit from the big R is good to go. I dumped a new Hinson slipper setup fast after comparing it to a Rek Core clutch setup

Edited by DMC707
  • Like 1

I would say its alittle too far gone to file it.

• Like 1