45mm Zoke Shiver help

I need some shim or set-up advise for my forks to make them better for rocky New England type terrain.  I have 45mm marzocchi shiver forks on my 2006 Husqvarna WR125.  I have them setup fine for tight sandy single track, they settle into a turn well and they are fine for me at slower speeds in the rocks, the problem is when the speed picks up in the rocky terrain, the forks become uncomfortable and they bounce the bike offline to where I have to back off quite a bit.  I really don't know enough to tell why this is happening, so I am reluctant to make any changes

The forks currently setup is:

Base Valve

22 x .1

16 x .1

21 x .1

19 x .1

17 x .1

15 x .1

13 x .1

Rebound

22 x .1

12 x .1

20 x .1

18 x .1

16 x .1

14 x .1

Mid Valve

23 x .2

21 x .3

2mm float

There are no bleed holes in the base or midvalve bodies.

I am 185lbs and use 5 wt oil at 135mm.

Is there something obvious with this setup that may be causing my issue.  Should I add/remove some shims, add a light midvalve?  I don't know where to start.  My front/rear sag is spot-on and I have tried different viscosity oils.  I have owned this bike for 6 years but prior to me the forks were setup for the original owner and the valving is not stock.

Thanks,

Greg

Assuming you have played with the clickers, is your spring rate correct for your weight, are they deflecting on the compression stroke or rebounding to quickly?

All I did on my 07 WR250 was change to heavier springs, use lighter oil and lower the oil level and they seem to work pretty good.

Base Valve

22 x .1

[...]

Mid Valve

23 x .2

21 x .3

2mm float

[...]

I am 185lbs and use 5 wt oil at 135mm.

i'd

add a 22.10 making it 2 x 22.10 at the base (you might have to go down with the 16.10 to 14 or even 12 though)

reduce the float to sowmewhere 1.50 - 1.70

and use 7.5wt oil

changing just the oil will already give you a different feeling

reduce the float to sowmewhere 1.50 - 1.70

Thanks I will give this a try, how do I reduce the float in the midvalve, just add a few more shims of similar size?

I have the correct springs because I am getting the proper sag and when I went to lighter oil the deflection seemed to get worse.  How can I tell if it's deflecting on the compression stroke or if it's rebound?

how do I reduce the float in the midvalve, just add a few more shims of similar size?

right, eg an 20.30 or 2 x 18.20 or something alike

Frezno, do you think that going from 2.0 to 1.7 on float is really going to make a difference?  I would think that with that much float, the flow limitation is going to be in the piston/ports, not the shims...

The compression stacks on some of these older Marz forks are really interesting.  My brother has an older TE and his is very similar, it seems like WAY too little damping, I don't get it.  On my brother's we went to a conservative active midvalve and added a bit of shim to the base valve, he seems pretty happy with it but I have yet to ride it.