Sign in to follow this  

YELLOW RESTYLED YZ PIC

from the part's unlimited show in madison

s1200_yellow_YZ_kit.jpg

• Like 3

Good one Mark,I knew you would come through for us YELLOW DIEHARD'S.Look's good. :thumbsup: I like the simple fender graphic's.

Edited by Alan48

Good one Mark,I knew you would come through for us YELLOW diehard's.Look's good. :thumbsup: I like the simple fender graphic's.

thank's alan,this will look great with a yellow clarke and your motoseat cover on your 13 250 maybe?

thank's alan,this will look great with a yellow clarke and your motoseat cover on your 13 250 maybe?

Keep your eye's open !!! :smirk: I will add that the 125 is about to be "PERMANTLY RETIRED",,,,I'm getting more comfortable with the power of the 250 :wub: , just need to put a fww and retard the timing a bit.I'm neck deep in remodeling the house so when I do get the HOUSE PROJECT finished I should have time to give this 250 :wub:  all the attention it need's and ,,,,,then come's DEER SEASON.Whack'm and stack'm !!!

• Like 1

Plastics don't look bad the graphics are a liltte off to me like the start of the strobe on the rad shroud.

Agree,seem's we have been looking at the same style retro tank/shroud graphic's for a long,long time.

• Like 2

Good catch!

But Parts Unlimited couldn't come up with a black seat cover?! Or black tank?

The 'leftover' blue detracts from the full impact that the yellow bodywork carries, IMHO.

• Like 2

Good catch!

But Parts Unlimited couldn't come up with a black seat cover?! Or black tank?

The 'leftover' blue detracts from the full impact that the yellow bodywork carries, IMHO.

without a doubt,(i noticed they used black lower fork guards) but hopefully somebody will make a proper job of it and post up some pics soon   (ahem!.......alan)   :lol:

Edited by smezmx
  • Like 1

Would look awesome with clear tank and plain black seat. The did a good job making the blue tank work though

• Like 1

I'm not sold on the new (ktm wannabe) fender design everyone has gone to, I would stick to the classic fender in yellow. I would also like the oldschool solid film strip graphic instead of the tecno version of it. Just my opinion.

Whaaaaat??? Are these yellow restyled kits available to the public?Namely,ME?!

Whaaaaat??? Are these yellow restyled kits available to the public?Namely,ME?!

Yep,there is 1 kit left on ebay but they come from across the big pond.I couldn't wait for the U.S. to have them,so I had to click that BUY IT NOW OPTION,which is the only option.This is all Smezmx fault. :rant:  ;)

Edited by Alan48
  • Like 1

OY!I am soooo broke right now....I checked the UFO website and they are listing it on there.I just spent 400 bucks to make my 2007 YZ450F look like a 1978 2-stroke with yellow (oldschool) plastics and a custom graphics kit!On the plus side,when I googled "UFO restyled plastics kit",a picture of MY yz250 came up on the first page as an example.It's the blue #35 bike with a custom yellow(and blue) graphics kit.my bike is a celebrity!

• Like 2

by the way.....I'm okay with the lightning bolts looking sort of backwards on the PartsUnlimited photo on the rear fender,but the the backwards graphics on the airbox are chokeworthy.YIKES!

by the way.....I'm okay with the lightning bolts looking sort of backwards on the PartsUnlimited photo on the rear fender,but the the backwards graphics on the airbox are chokeworthy.YIKES!

Ha,I thought I was the only one that thought that way about the backward rear fender bolt's,the front fender look's ok,and as for the airbox,aint figured that one out yet. :excuseme:

At first I thought the airbox was an"O" with a checker in front of it.Then I realized that it's the Yamaha logo checkers, but it's horribly backwards looking.

• Like 1

here's a thread i posted over at vitalmx a few weeks ago

OY!I am soooo broke right now....I checked the UFO website and they are listing it on there.I just spent 400 bucks to make my 2007 YZ450F look like a 1978 2-stroke with yellow (oldschool) plastics and a custom graphics kit!On the plus side,when I googled "UFO restyled plastics kit",a picture of MY yz250 came up on the first page as an example.It's the blue #35 bike with a custom yellow(and blue) graphics kit.my bike is a celebrity!

heres a thread i posted over at vital mx a few week's ago,in the last post the last post ufo usa are saying the plastic will arrive over there this week.ufo usa used a pic of my yz on their website for the restyled kit,so my bike is a celebrity too!   :lol:  

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/LIMITED-EDITION-YELLOW-UFO-YZ-125-250-RESTYLED-PLASTIC-KIT,1258232?page=1

you can see it if you click on restyled plastic kit. it's $10 extra ($239.99) for the yellow kit (229.99) for the other colour's.more expensive if you buy seperately $78.99 for the sidepanel's etc, work's out at ($268.95) for the whole kit (if bought seperately)  ;)

http://www.ufoplasticusa.com/part.php?brand=6&model=71&year=2008

Edited by smezmx

I don't mean to keep bagging on this poor YZ,because I do LOVE the yellow plastic,but the tank shroud looks backwards too.Other than the front fender,the flow is completely off.Here's my 07YZ450 and my 05 YZ250 with custom graphic kits from Stickmangraphx that I helped design.100_0972.JPG100_0970.JPG

• Like 2

Hey Flap :worthy:  and Smez :worthy: ,Could ya'll be humble enough to send me an autographed YELLOW fender or BLACK gas tank ? Oh,and please don't use the permanent marker.Thank's. 

• Like 1