Contour OUT OF BUSINESS

Now I know why none of my email, call or even written notes were getting any response from Contour ... turns out they lost to Go Pro and went out of business two weeks ago.  Now to go scour ebay or amazon for a replacement lense cover since mine just go cracked.  Should bought a Go Pro!

BUSINESS WEEK ARTICLE

I have a hero 3 myself but i think if i get another camera it will be a drift (if the hero 4 is not out by then). Never really seen anyone use a contour. I went on a ride with about 200 people not long ago and there was atleast 50 with gopros and NOTHING else.

Sorry to hear that! I'm on my 3rd Contour. Destroyed the 1st two in crashes. Great quality camera. Their host site was always dorked up for various reasons one of them being "Storyteller" wouldn't always work or load right but otherwise a good camera. I liked it because it was low profile and only stuck up about an inch higher than your helmet. The GoPro sticks up way higher and makes you look like a Teli-Tubby and more likely to hit things when off-roading! Guess I better take care of this Contour.

Bummer... more options is always better. I see mostly GoPro camera's but have seen a few Contours and have a buddy that has one. He uses it for everything, riding, canyoneering, Kayaking... he's very happy with it. I have also been seeing more and more Sony action cams. 

Hadn't heard of Drift cameras before this thread. Just googled the HD... will have to read up on it as I'm in the market. 

Edited by Kenpo1

Ok .. I didn't see that coming

GoPro definitely has the upper hand on helmet cameras. I just hope that this doesn't make GoPro think they can sit back on their butts and not advance their product.

Either way the "GoPro 4" is looking like it has some incredible potential with the Ambarella A7 chip capable of 4K @ 30FPS, 1080P @ 120FPS and 720P @ 240FPS for under $400.

GoPro definitely has the upper hand on helmet cameras. I just hope that this doesn't make GoPro think they can sit back on their butts and not advance their product.

Either way the "GoPro 4" is looking like it has some incredible potential with the Ambarella A7 chip capable of 4K @ 30FPS, 1080P @ 120FPS and 720P @ 240FPS for under $400.

1080 at 120 fps?? I hope they can use a bigger memory card (maybe internal)

BIg BIg fan on the youtubes by the way

Damn... I was just about to buy a roam 2

Just wish they'd make it smaller, low profile. In this day and age of everything small and compact, I should be able to clip it under me helmet visor

+1 on the drifts I have the 720 and 1080 HD great cameras, better ergos, way better reliability than a gopro

Damn it I literally just broke the lens cover on my roam 2 :banghead:  Is there no way to even buy lens covers or anything else for that matter anymore? 

Going to need a gaming computer to process all that.

I agree with the other guy, they should possibly look into internal storage,with all the new advances I imagine they could make a 100gb HDD pretty small.... Who knows..

Just wish they'd make it smaller, low profile. In this day and age of everything small and compact, I should be able to clip it under me helmet visor

thet do, liquid image makes one. there goggles thats what i use and there awsome you dont have to mount them and the view is awsome.

now Garmin is in the mix and it tags your vid with GPS as well.

http://sites.garmin.com/virb/

HR

That's pretty neat right there. I would love to hear from someone who is using one. GPS and other garmin data is a pretty neat feature. 

That's pretty neat right there. I would love to hear from someone who is using one. GPS and other garmin data is a pretty neat feature. 

I saw this one last night doing searches for various moto related kit...

it has WiFi

can tie to other Garmin tool sets like hear rate stuff etc.

• 1080p HD video recording with 16 megapixel CMOS image processor
  • Chroma™ display: color, high-resolution; easier control of setup, playback and adjustments
  • High-sensitivity GPS, accelerometer and barometric altimeter
  • Wi-Fi connectivity; use with free mobile applications for iPhone® and Android™
  • Rechargeable, 2000 mAh lithium-ion battery, record up to 3 hours at 1080p

Here is all the specs...

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/prod119594.html#additionalTab

they have a solid target to shoot at with GoPro

and for us?

Competition is always a good t

HR

I saw this one last night doing searches for various moto related kit...

it has WiFi

can tie to other Garmin tool sets like hear rate stuff etc.

• 1080p HD video recording with 16 megapixel CMOS image processor
  • Chroma™ display: color, high-resolution; easier control of setup, playback and adjustments
  • High-sensitivity GPS, accelerometer and barometric altimeter
  • Wi-Fi connectivity; use with free mobile applications for iPhone® and Android™
  • Rechargeable, 2000 mAh lithium-ion battery, record up to 3 hours at 1080p
Here is all the specs...

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/prod119594.html#additionalTab

they have a solid target to shoot at with GoPro

and for us?

Competition is always a good t

HR

Looks like a nice camera, but doesn't seem to have much protection.

I have a chance to get the Contour ROAM2 at a Best Buy near me for $100. Do you guys think its worth that?

Chris

Going to need a gaming computer to process all that.

I agree with the other guy, they should possibly look into internal storage,with all the new advances I imagine they could make a 100gb HDD pretty small.... Who knows..

i had to buy a new computer just to be able to watch my clips, let alone edit them. but im still happy with the go pro. and my new computer. which is a mac.