Sign in to follow this  

250f Distance

How many miles do you guys average on a stock 250f tank?

Looking to do a 30mile round trip trail ride and want to make sure I don't run out of gas in the middle of nowhere.

That might be a bit tight.

I'm on a 250 2T, but ride with 250 4T bikes. On a 14 mile round trip, all the 4Ts were down to about 1/2 or maybe 1/3 a tank left. Wed refuel every morning too.

EDIT: about 2/3 of this was WFO 4th and 5th gear. Mmm, drifting.

Edited by lethalweapon100

Depends on the bike (condition and state of tune), the trail (tight single track or fire roads) and how good a rider you are. Chances are, you will be fine

You'll probably get 30 miles out of a tank of a stroker.  My 300 smoker gets as little as 35 miles in sandy races, but I can get over 45 miles in regular rocky terrain.

I knew an expert desert racer in California with a CR500.. he got the Baja sized gas tank.  The thing was 5 gallons, he would ride an 80 mile desert race without pitting.  I dunno about others, but I kinda look forward to the pits when I'm racing lol

That might be a bit tight. I'm on a 250 2T, but ride with 250 4T bikes. On a 14 mile round trip, all the 4Ts were down to about 1/2 or maybe 1/3 a tank left. Wed refuel every morning too. EDIT: about 2/3 of this was WFO 4th and 5th gear. Mmm, drifting.

Are you saying a 2 stroke gets better gasmilage per tank than a  4 stroke? I don't want to get into the whole argument over of course 2 strokes are better. I'm just trying to make sure I understand what you're saying. 2 stroke has more gas in the tank at the time you fill up or you're just giving him a reference as to how the 4t do.

Are you saying a 2 stroke gets better gasmilage per tank than a 4 stroke? I don't want to get into the whole argument over of course 2 strokes are better. I'm just trying to make sure I understand what you're saying. 2 stroke has more gas in the tank at the time you fill up or you're just giving him a reference as to how the 4t do.

Nah, just saying. Thats how MY bike does. The 4T does the same, they burn about the same amount, if I had to guess.

If anything, I would assume a 2T burns more gas. More strokes=more burn, right?

Nah, just saying. Thats how MY bike does. The 4T does the same, they burn about the same amount, if I had to guess.

If anything, I would assume a 2T burns more gas. More strokes=more burn, right?

That's why I was asking. My 2t burned more than my 4t no much more but noticed I did fill up more often when stopping or filled up more I should say.

• Like 1

My 2012 KX 250f will do around 50 miles on single track mostly 1-2 gear sometimes 3rd. You should be fine to go 30 miles

In mostly 4th and 5th gear riding here in the SoCal desert I regularly go on 45+ mile rides with gas to spare on a YZ250F. Stock tank and jetting. GPS confirmed.

• Like 1

In mostly 4th and 5th gear riding here in the SoCal desert I regularly go on 45+ mile rides with gas to spare on a YZ250F. Stock tank and jetting. GPS confirmed.

This is comforting, thank you kind sir!

4 stroke gets much better gas mileage. I bet you can easily get 40 miles to a tank.

Until the direct injected 2 strokes get here :)