250f Distance

How many miles do you guys average on a stock 250f tank?

Looking to do a 30mile round trip trail ride and want to make sure I don't run out of gas in the middle of nowhere.

That might be a bit tight.

I'm on a 250 2T, but ride with 250 4T bikes. On a 14 mile round trip, all the 4Ts were down to about 1/2 or maybe 1/3 a tank left. Wed refuel every morning too.

EDIT: about 2/3 of this was WFO 4th and 5th gear. Mmm, drifting.

Edited by lethalweapon100

I don't think it'll be a problem on a 250f, depending on how you ride....

Nothing crazy fast, probably in 3rd-4th gearish. Some hills, other than that, just cruising.

Depends on the bike (condition and state of tune), the trail (tight single track or fire roads) and how good a rider you are. Chances are, you will be fine

You'll probably get 30 miles out of a tank of a stroker.  My 300 smoker gets as little as 35 miles in sandy races, but I can get over 45 miles in regular rocky terrain.

I knew an expert desert racer in California with a CR500.. he got the Baja sized gas tank.  The thing was 5 gallons, he would ride an 80 mile desert race without pitting.  I dunno about others, but I kinda look forward to the pits when I'm racing lol

That might be a bit tight. I'm on a 250 2T, but ride with 250 4T bikes. On a 14 mile round trip, all the 4Ts were down to about 1/2 or maybe 1/3 a tank left. Wed refuel every morning too. EDIT: about 2/3 of this was WFO 4th and 5th gear. Mmm, drifting.

Are you saying a 2 stroke gets better gasmilage per tank than a  4 stroke? I don't want to get into the whole argument over of course 2 strokes are better. I'm just trying to make sure I understand what you're saying. 2 stroke has more gas in the tank at the time you fill up or you're just giving him a reference as to how the 4t do.

I know on my CRF250X I can go about 70 miles. I'm usually 5th wide open a lot in the desert.

But I don't like to push it that far, I usually fill up at about 60 or 65 miles.

Are you saying a 2 stroke gets better gasmilage per tank than a 4 stroke? I don't want to get into the whole argument over of course 2 strokes are better. I'm just trying to make sure I understand what you're saying. 2 stroke has more gas in the tank at the time you fill up or you're just giving him a reference as to how the 4t do.

Nah, just saying. Thats how MY bike does. The 4T does the same, they burn about the same amount, if I had to guess.

If anything, I would assume a 2T burns more gas. More strokes=more burn, right?

Ur fine just take it easy

Nah, just saying. Thats how MY bike does. The 4T does the same, they burn about the same amount, if I had to guess.

If anything, I would assume a 2T burns more gas. More strokes=more burn, right?

That's why I was asking. My 2t burned more than my 4t no much more but noticed I did fill up more often when stopping or filled up more I should say.

My 2012 KX 250f will do around 50 miles on single track mostly 1-2 gear sometimes 3rd. You should be fine to go 30 miles

In mostly 4th and 5th gear riding here in the SoCal desert I regularly go on 45+ mile rides with gas to spare on a YZ250F. Stock tank and jetting. GPS confirmed.

In mostly 4th and 5th gear riding here in the SoCal desert I regularly go on 45+ mile rides with gas to spare on a YZ250F. Stock tank and jetting. GPS confirmed.

This is comforting, thank you kind sir!

4 stroke gets much better gas mileage. I bet you can easily get 40 miles to a tank.

4 stroke gets much better gas mileage. I bet you can easily get 40 miles to a tank.

Until the direct injected 2 strokes get here :)

I dont think those will ever come out bud

Bush is to blame for this too. 

I've run ims tanks on my 125's

4.0 gal & would get 60-70 miles on a tank.