KX500 DUNER

I'm strangely attracted and repulsed at the same time... kind of like a chick with huge fake tits?

But seriously that is one sweet dune machine. ?

Have an awesome trip and post up some pics of you riding that beast.  Do you have a matching helmet or Jersey? What's the story behind that paint job? How long did it take you to build it up that way?

• Like 2

Man, it's a beastly bike, mean that in a good way. You're gonna tear some sand up with that bad boy. For some reason the pic makes it look small? Or is it just me? 500 right

I think its the tire that make it looks small. There thicker and than normal and the spokes look smaller. I also would like to see some video of this monster tearing up the dunes. Hope you have a blast on your trip.

Thats what I do, build Dune Bikes. This one took a little over a week. Tore it all down, repainted the frame, all New Plastics and graphics, rear 16" Fat Paddle, 18" Front Fatty. Rim Rings, Spoke Wraps etc. The reason it looks small is because I got rid of the big goofy stock fenders and replaced them with a front supermoto and rear off a 99 Kx250. Gives it a much newer cleaner look. Basically it looks like a supermoto dune bike. Here's a picture of what it looked like when I picked it up, big difference. We'll have a few gopro's at the dunes, should get some good footage.

KX500FATTY_zps7e034ea7.jpg

Kx500stock_zps0249ed5e.jpg

Edited by bykas
  • Like 1

Wow. talk about bright and flashy. I like it though. Definitely something you would remember if you got passed by it. One thing that I dislike, the rim rings. Just never really been my thing.

The Rim Rings take a little getting used to just like anythiing new. They look pretty trick in person, gives the bike a real custom look.  I cut them out for my own bikes and have people ask me all the time where i got them.

I'd say it's a big improvement, the old plastics and paint were fine, but the personalization and character are what really count. I'd ride that beast, fake tits and all....?

Bad ass bike buddy!! Good job, looking forward to seeing some video. Maybe your post inspired me or something.....just picked up a brand new 8 cup paddle yesterday.....dune time soon.....

Where do you ride by the way? Maybe I'll see you @ Glamis :ride:

I'd say it's a big improvement, the old plastics and paint were fine, but the personalization and character are what really count. I'd ride that beast, fake tits and all....?

Bad ass bike buddy!! Good job, looking forward to seeing some video. Maybe your post inspired me or something.....just picked up a brand new 8 cup paddle yesterday.....dune time soon.....

Where do you ride by the way? Maybe I'll see you @ Glamis :ride:

We ;have a dune house down at Coos Bay Oregon. Visited Glamis once, wasn't too impressed, no trees, no ocean, toooooo Hot! We're lucky to be a short distance away form IMO the best dunes anywhere. Nothing like riding all the open dunes then blow through the tree trails and pop out at the ocean.

We ;have a dune house down at Coos Bay Oregon. Visited Glamis once, wasn't too impressed, no trees, no ocean, toooooo Hot! We're lucky to be a short distance away form IMO the best dunes anywhere. Nothing like riding all the open dunes then blow through the tree trails and pop out at the ocean.

No need for Glamis with your spot!! Lucky lucky man