13t counter sprocket install questions

I removed the sprocket cover this weekend to see what might be involved in replacing my oem 14t with the ever popular 13t.

I see two small bolts that will need removal, but once those are gone, what's the process for removing the sprocket?  I assume that it won't simply pull out by hand. 

NO.... I would have someone hold the rear brake pedal down ....

Or you can just go on the right side of the bike, push the brake with your foot and lean over and unscrew the two bolts. That's what I did worked great. No help needed! :-D

• Like 2

Finally got the 13T sprocket installed.  Wasn't too much trouble, did it by myself in about 15 minutes. 

I know my speedometer is off now.  I would like to know by about how much.  It looks to be reading faster than I am actually going.  Is there an estimate of about how much it is off by? 5-9mph? 

I realize there is a speedo calibrator that you can buy and install, which I may get later on, but for now just curious how much it's off by.

Finally got the 13T sprocket installed.  Wasn't too much trouble, did it by myself in about 15 minutes. 

I know my speedometer is off now.  I would like to know by about how much.  It looks to be reading faster than I am actually going.  Is there an estimate of about how much it is off by? 5-9mph? 

I realize there is a speedo calibrator that you can buy and install, which I may get later on, but for now just curious how much it's off by.

This link will show you .... http://goo.gl/ubT61U

• Like 1

Just installed mine after installing some Kenda Track master 2s. I went with Renthal 368--520-13P which  what they recommend as an OEM replacement. I must say I do find it noiser with out the rubber dampening on the stock. I went for a quick run around the block and I can definitely tell its gruntier in first. A badly adjusted and lubricated chain made me double check my work but everything looks fine. 

• Like 2