Sign in to follow this  

Oregon cheap forks seals service in oregon?

anyone know where i can go to have my forks done for a decent price :thumbsup: (by Portland preferably)

Call Bent Lever in Vancouver. Dave Taxel of Pro Motion has his shop there. He does my stuff and the price is good. 

• Like 1

How about cost of seals and oil right from your home. 30min tops. You will have seal failures in the future why not. No need for seal driver (2" pvc pipe) or seal bullet (ziplock freezer bag) or even a fork cap wrench (upside down in vise)with a holding tool (anything with a notch) for that matter.

Edited by eotrampman
  • Like 1

How about cost of seals and oil right from your home. 30min tops. You will have seal failures in the future why not. No need for seal driver (2" pvc pipe) or seal bullet (ziplock freezer bag) or even a fork cap wrench (upside down in vise)with a holding tool (anything with a notch) for that matter.

i have the seals just dont have the proper tools yet i guess might as well get some tools then

Just had mine done by Dave at Pro Motion. He did an excellent job. I wanted a pro to look at mine as I wasn't sure if they were going to need more bushings and seals.

• Like 1

Once you do them yourself, you're like "why did I ever pay somebody $100 to do this", it's not that hard.  The right tools do make it a lot easier, and they pay for themselves the first time. 

bent lever wants a hundred and i can just buy the all the tools for that myself and ive done forks before on a dh bike so it shouldnt be to hard

i have the seals just dont have the proper tools yet i guess might as well get some tools then

What kind of bike/forks? The first time you do it, it'll take a little time, but as mentioned earlier you don't need special tools. I made a seal driver out of PVC hacksawed in half longitudinally. I just use electrical tape for a cheap "seal bullet."

Cr125 with stock forks I just orderd a oil measuring syringe thing that's all I need everything else I homemade tools