Sign in to follow this  

Trail Tech radiator fluid temperature sensor installed 13'' XC-W 300

I removed the thermostat on my 2013 XC-W 300 and installed one of my favorite dirt bike gadgets of all time. I cut some of the formed rad hose on the thermostat plumbing for the hose at the head and strait piece at the top of sensor.  I have had these on my last 2 bikes and even bought them for a couple riding buddy's in the past. Most of the trails I ride your rad fluid can run away on you if your not careful on how you ride or if you have no cooling fan. Sure I could run Evans or XF but that dont cool as good as water based products.... I like to know when my bike hits 215F so I can start looking for a spot to let it cool down .  I have found almost zero heat transfer delay from the fluid to the digital display , they are fast and accurate .   :thumbsup:  By the way, with a 1.8 bar cap it will start squirting at around 220F :ride:  

IMG_8027.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

Don't happen to still have the thermostat? I really could use one for cold weather riding as the bike seems to never warm up at 15 degrees. 

Don't happen to still have the thermostat? I really could use one for cold weather riding as the bike seems to never warm up at 15 degrees. 

Have you tried blocking the radiator?

Have you tried blocking the radiator?

I have not tried that..good idea. I'll give it a try next time I'm out. When in deep snow the radiator guards do a pretty decent job of catching snow and blocking airflow. Runs great when that happens, just on wide open stretches it gets rather cold. I still would like a thermostat if I can find one.