Sign in to follow this  

2000 Cr 125 Motor Swap to 2001?

Long story short I thought I purchased a 2001 Cr 125, when it turns out I bought a 2000 Cr 125. Anyways I already bid and purchased a used bottom end from Ebay because the cases were cracked. As well as purchasing a new piston kit for the bike.

Anyways after everything was purchased my friend called up saying he ordered the wrong year parts for his bike. After laughing a bit I decided to check my Vin#. Turns out I did the same mistake.

I cross referenced the cylinder and pipe from the 2000 Cr 125 and it says it will work. My question is will the reeds and stator/coil/cdi all work with this motor? Even though the reed don't match it appears to be the same bolt pattern. And I am getting mixed review on the whole stator and flywheel combo whether it will work or not. The numbers don't correspond however there are aftermarket ones which say they do.

And most importantly does anyone know if the motor mounts will work the same for the 2001. (Fingers crossed)

Having owned enough bikes before this you would think I would have learned by now. But I still make mistakes haha. I appreciate all your help. Thanks in advance

-Jim

So I did some more investigating and cross referencing. The cases are the same, so it should swap right in.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But my guess is they made some changes/upgraded the reeds and stator to a different design or something?

you know if a 250cc engine from 1998 fits a 125cc from 2001 ?

Long story short I thought I purchased a 2001 Cr 125, when it turns out I bought a 2000 Cr 125. Anyways I already bid and purchased a used bottom end from Ebay because the cases were cracked. As well as purchasing a new piston kit for the bike.

Anyways after everything was purchased my friend called up saying he ordered the wrong year parts for his bike. After laughing a bit I decided to check my Vin#. Turns out I did the same mistake.

I cross referenced the cylinder and pipe from the 2000 Cr 125 and it says it will work. My question is will the reeds and stator/coil/cdi all work with this motor? Even though the reed don't match it appears to be the same bolt pattern. And I am getting mixed review on the whole stator and flywheel combo whether it will work or not. The numbers don't correspond however there are aftermarket ones which say they do.

And most importantly does anyone know if the motor mounts will work the same for the 2001. (Fingers crossed)

Having owned enough bikes before this you would think I would have learned by now. But I still make mistakes haha. I appreciate all your help. Thanks in advance

-Jim

00-01 125's are identical.  You will have no trouble with your parts.