Sign in to follow this  

2011 KTM 250sx-f factory maps?

Looking for information if the 11 250 SXF came with 3 factory maps? If so is there a way to have wild just programmed all the time? I am taking my bike in for a high country ECU reflash and is this something that can be adjusted then by the KTM dealer?

Thank you

Daryl

I don't know if the maps are readily available without a plug in or switch. I have an 11 like you. I bought the map plugs from Sicass Racing. Wild and Mild. Never tried mild but never noticed a difference with wild. Recently I had the dealer load a 12 map, but they took my wild plug out, I still don't notice anything different but I am going to put the wild plug back in this wknd for S&G's

My dealer uploaded sxs maping into my bike.Not sure of the power difference as i got a cam put in at the same time.My mods and the map increased the power a sh!t load  Raises the rev limiter and was told to lower my service intervals.

The maps are already programmed in you ecu. All the plugs do is allow you to acces them. The 'wild plug' from sicass racing is what I have and it advances the timing. It's not a huge difference but you can definitely notice it

Thanks for the help!

My dealer uploaded sxs maping into my bike.Not sure of the power difference as i got a cam put in at the same time.My mods and the map increased the power a sh!t load  Raises the rev limiter and was told to lower my service intervals.

Why did you choose the 2006 cam?

Who installed your map? Did he say what you should expect from the remap with out the cam? More top end? Mid range? Or low end??

With a 14.1 piston can you run pump gas?

Thanks for the help!

I got the advice on the setup from a very knowledgeable guy on Ktmtalk. He suggested a few other things but I'm happy how it is and decided to work on technique as I know my lap times will drop more than by adding more power . The map ,a friend that works at the dealer spoke to ktm and it is the same as a setup they ran. I had all the work done at the same time. Big gains in mid to top end. I just run or premium pump fuel and it Runs great. Highly recommend it