Sign in to follow this  

01 EXC 200 crank seal?

My buddy bought a 01 exc 200 for cheap and the bike is clearly burning trans oil. I'm not familiar with pumpkins so I'd like to know before dive in it if I have to split cases or can I replace the seal by just pulling the crankcase cover off?

you don't have to  split the cases. its a fairly easy job really, just remember the crank threads are left hand threads.

you don't have to split the cases. its a fairly easy job really, just remember the crank threads are left hand threads.

Thank you sir!

you don't have to split the cases. its a fairly easy job really, just remember the crank threads are left hand threads.

Hey is the clutch hub nut LH thread?

nope just the crank its left hand thread. and like mike said, if the seal goes bad again its prob crank bearings, u can tryin movin the crank up and down when u got it apart.

nope just the crank its left hand thread. and like mike said, if the seal goes bad again its prob crank bearings, u can tryin movin the crank up and down when u got it apart.

Wow that clutch was a pain in my A$$ to get off! The nut was on so tight that my hub holder broke a piece off the hub off, so yeah that sucks, new one on order! Had to go the hack route and stick a crowbar through the wheel, I really thought my days of doing that crap was over. Anyways the seal looked ok but half the the o-ring was missing. Checked crank play on clutch and mag side, was solid. Thanks for your help!

no problem man, glad you got it apart,  I was out of town for work this week I was gonna give you some torque specs today when  I got home but looks like larry beat me to it lol

Definately needed those! Thanks again!