How do I do a standing start mono?

Have found myself in a few situations when coming up to logs that can't be crossed in the usual manner such as the only point of crossing is at a big angle and you can't get straight on to it,what I would like to do is stop along side the log and then pop the front wheel up in the air and land it on the other side,pretty much similar to doing a 180 mono turn on the spot,I struggle with knowing the correct technique to get the front wheel right up without the bike moving off on me

Have searched youtube but can't find what I'm looking for,I have a 450 4T so it's quite heavy,have seen a few videos of 2T popping the wheel up but obviously they are much lighter and the technique isn't explained.

I'm no pro but the best way I have found to do this is pull up beside the log, put your foot on the log and in one swift motion pop the clutch get your front end up. Use the leg still on the bike to push it in the direction you want over the log. This works great for me but im also 6 foot 3 and 220 pounds so i can toss the bike most places. I also ride a 2006 YZ450 built for the bush so it isnt a light machine either. Your clutch control is key. Start practicing the technique on little logs to get the feel of tossing the bike to the side and work your way up, its a cool looking trick around the camp site too haha.

Thanks,yup that's the technique I'm looking for,what I don't like is how they show you someone doing it without explaining the technique to you,found this one here better as they talk you through the technique.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQApmXwoEUY

Just wondering if the same technique is used for a 4T? always see tricky stuff done on 2T's

You get more traction from a wheel with more weight on it. So if you bounce on the seat and time your throttle and clutch to deliver power just as the rear suspension is starting upwards from maximum compression, you'll find the front lifts easier. From a combination of the greater traction and the chassis moving upwards.

When I was riding a Husky 510, I'd bounce 3 times, just to get the timing right. With my Freeride 350, a hint of a bounce is enough. So I think it's more about weight distribution than 2T/4T, although 4T engines tend to have more mass in wheelie-unfriendly places.