Picking up new kx450f this weekend

Really excited to get back to rididng this will be my first ever off the showroom bike! :ride: .

Just curious if anyone out there that has bought a 4 stroke new had to do a break in period like I had to on my streetbike

any info will be helpful thanks.

Really excited to get back to rididng this will be my first ever off the showroom bike! :ride: .

Just curious if anyone out there that has bought a 4 stroke new had to do a break in period like I had to on my streetbike

any info will be helpful thanks.

kx?! Get a yz450f!! They look sick!!

Nice! Make sure you grease every moving part! They virtually come with no grease from the factory.

Nice! Make sure you grease every moving part! They virtually come with no grease from the factory.

I also Secound this but I would also drain the oil that comes in it because most likely it had been sitting for some time. I would also drain and put in new coolant. Then I would run a tank of gas thru it and then tear it apart and put fresh grease on it again and put new oil and coolant and then it should be fine but the. After that do the regular maintenance valves,Reeds,oil etc. just remember they have probably been sitting for a while and that stuff gets bad and the only reason I said to re grease oil and coolant is because the bike needs to break in an there might be a very small amount of stuff and then the oil can become dirty and since the stuff has not been lubed or anything it's gonna use a lot more of each of those things the first time so then you should empty and refill all of those. Good luck

I also Secound this but I would also drain the oil that comes in it because most likely it had been sitting for some time. I would also drain and put in new coolant. Then I would run a tank of gas thru it and then tear it apart and put fresh grease on it again and put new oil and coolant and then it should be fine but the. After that do the regular maintenance valves,Reeds,oil etc. just remember they have probably been sitting for a while and that stuff gets bad and the only reason I said to re grease oil and coolant is because the bike needs to break in an there might be a very small amount of stuff and then the oil can become dirty and since the stuff has not been lubed or anything it's gonna use a lot more of each of those things the first time so then you should empty and refill all of those. Good luck

reeds on a 450f?

:banghead:

Sorry bro just a little tired stayed up all night

Put gas in her and take it easy the first few tanks, grease the moving joints. Then rip it, cant go wrong following the service manual. Also change the oil after the first tank of gas IMO.

picked my 13 kx450f two Saturdays. I have 3.5 hours on it and love the bike! I have to grease it this weekend. the manual will tell you to break it in easy. some say break it in hard! I asked my dealer his honest opinion and he said break it in hard! so that is what I did! lots of rapid acceleration and deceleration! changed the oil at hour 1 and have had no problems. this bike rips.  have fun with your new toy!

Ride it like you normally would.  Breaking in an engine is for older engines.

picked my 13 kx450f two Saturdays. I have 3.5 hours on it and love the bike! I have to grease it this weekend. the manual will tell you to break it in easy. some say break it in hard! I asked my dealer his honest opinion and he said break it in hard! so that is what I did! lots of rapid acceleration and deceleration! changed the oil at hour 1 and have had no problems. this bike rips.  have fun with your new toy!

:thumbsup: