2014 Maps

The Preston map is the smooth map on yamahas site... motocross mag suggested to lower the ignition bottom left hand corner numbers (1/8 throttle 4000 and 6500)  to +2 and +2 rather than +3 and +3... I ran the preston map today at my harescramble. Havent ran it with the +2 yet. It felt stronger though with the smooth map...

Edited by hostile silence

• 3 weeks later...

I have had my 2014 YZ 450 for about one month.  I have experimented with many maps.  I found the "Preston" map to be too rich at the low end.  I thought it had a terrible transition into the midrange.  It felt "thumpy" and was not smooth.   I found another map that was smoother and more "electric"

I recommend that you start with the following map:

FI:   333     IG:   222

343            232

233            222

Regarding set up:  I added the Pro Circuit shock linkage and raised the forks in the triple clamps 4mm.   

I also added Air Cells to the front forks for added plushness and front end traction.  I'm 50 years old and need as much comfort as I can get. 

This bike's "on the edge" technology requires a lot of set up time to make it right for you.    You can actually feel every little change you make on the track.  Once you find it, this bike is BAD ASS !!

Tom Lews

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to ride yesterday. I liked the preston/smooth map pretty well. Felt like it pulled longer. I then tried the one above from dr Lewis. I liked it better. Seemed to run cleaner.

Played with the sag a bit as someone said 112 was a good setting. I tried 108 and liked it pretty well. Made it a little more stable without much sacrifice in turning. I think if I drop the forks to 5 mm it will be great. I'm at 3 mm now.

just used my gytr tuner for the first time on my 14, first went for a ride with stock settings then put in the preston map. at first i liked it but the more i rode it i preffered the stock setting for bottom end. i then ran dr lewis map and i am now in love! after a few laps around the track i couldnt get rid of the smile on my face!! awesome thanks dr lewis!!!!!!