Favorite "MOD" Video

Spent some time a couple years ago making this external "MOD" function & comfortable. Sure seems to give the kids a great feel for balance & horsepower management in the hills. We've been up some pretty rough single tracks together. They can stand/sit as they choose & the Dizzer is a big enough frame to keep us on the trails for at least a few hours without becoming paralyzed. Have another 2 yr old up & coming soon. Video to follow his 1st ride. These are my Grandsons, THEY are......TheMotoPros  :ride: 

oh so thats why we have so many stupid laws in California

this must be a "how to" video.  As in how not to be a responsible parent 

i like it, but i think the kid should have gloves& jacket

Pretty harsh tbowdre but I do appreciate the concern for child safety. Fact is, we ride 99% of the time on single-tracks & rarely leave 2nd gear......unless we're making a video. My biggest concern is a head on with another bike on a tight single-track. I guess the vid could give the impression that we're training for the 2014 SX season with a kid on the bars. Not the case. We train hard, wear great protection, & keep our machines in perfect condition. I'm convinced the 1-2 seasons on the front of the Dizzer is making my Grandkids better riders, therefore safer riders. Just one mans opinion. Balance, weight transfer, & throttle control are all learned in the cockpit with assistance. The video wasn't promoted for beginner riders to put their kids on the tank & get big air. My apologies to anyone offended or misguided. If "putting your kids on a machine" is "not responsible parenting" then I guess I'll join the irresponsible ranks of Jack McGrath, Gary Emig, Rick Carmichael, Dan Villopoto, Dwayne Windham, James Sr., & many more. If my 4 minute video creates "stupid laws in California".......you should move! Cheers  :thumbsup:

i like it, but i think the kid should have gloves& jacket

Good point 707....forgot the gloves on Sunday & suffered some branch lash but nothing too serious. So hot & humid here last weekend, I regretted wearing sleeves. BTW...your vids rock!

Some of my favorite memories are of riding on the tank of my brother's CB750 back in the day. Still remember seeing 115 mph going up an on ramp that one time. Great video. :thumbsup: 

My old man used to let me hold on to the tank of his Honda Interceptor when I was about 4. Cool vid and cool idea man, I bet the kids absolutely love it.

What a dick! Dude dont take that one guy seriously your not an irresponsible parent... the kid seemed to be having a good time! Hell i have an sm and i let my little five year old hop on and we ride around the yard... like you said never even gotten out of second just putting around... want him to start getting a feel for balance and all that... hes on the back though haha not so sure i would like banging helmets with him in front of me!

What a dick! Dude dont take that one guy seriously your not an irresponsible parent... the kid seemed to be having a good time! Hell i have an sm and i let my little five year old hop on and we ride around the yard... like you said never even gotten out of second just putting around... want him to start getting a feel for balance and all that... hes on the back though haha not so sure i would like banging helmets with him in front of me!

Ya, the helmet banging was our biggest challenge & we moved the pegs as forward as possible but still keep them on the seat & off the tank. The helmets still bang around a bit but we're used to it now. The position of the pegs works great for most 3 to 6 year old. Would have to say the inspiration came from my memories of ridin' the tank,  rippin' on my Dad's Bultaco down the canal banks of California when I was young. Better than Disneyland & yes my Grandsons LOVE to ride the mountains of Idaho with Papa. I seldom ride without one of them onboard.  :ride:

Had to show my kids. That's called making memories right there.

Edited by Rollnround

Gee, I guess they would be completely safe at home playing video games eh?

Moto, nice mod. I think it's an excellent idea!

Spent some time a couple years ago making this external "MOD" function & comfortable. Sure seems to give the kids a great feel for balance & horsepower management in the hills. We've been up some pretty rough single tracks together. They can stand/sit as they choose & the Dizzer is a big enough frame to keep us on the trails for at least a few hours without becoming paralyzed. Have another 2 yr old up & coming soon. Video to follow his 1st ride. These are my Grandsons, THEY are......TheMotoPros :ride:

that was bad ass I had to wait till I was moved out of my parents house to buy a bike. Lucky kid there

Very nice,  and a great ideal,  i give me 3 yo son rides all the time,  his foot rests on top of the header,  that is why i wrapped it with header wrap. 

Spent some time a couple years ago making this external "MOD" function & comfortable. Sure seems to give the kids a great feel for balance & horsepower management in the hills. We've been up some pretty rough single tracks together. They can stand/sit as they choose & the Dizzer is a big enough frame to keep us on the trails for at least a few hours without becoming paralyzed. Have another 2 yr old up & coming soon. Video to follow his 1st ride. These are my Grandsons, THEY are......TheMotoPros  :ride:

Hey M.    I think that's awesome! I would have given my right arm to be able to do that when I was a kid.......I know you go slow and are safe, so kudos  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Awesome!  Brings back memories of riding on the tank of my dad's Honda XL's and Triumph dirtbikes back in the 70's, in Southern California no doubt!

My father let me experience this when Im about 7-10 yrs old..its fun..and the experience  is why I like Bikes now and I dont consider my Father Irresponsible

I got your point on safety but  There will always be DANGER in Life  and you will miss out on a lot of things If you will be Anal on Safety..

and

compared to this Guy  TheMotoPros is an Angel!!!!! :lol:

Take note of the dog!!!! :goofy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLjBrXYIZsM

Edited by guitarmusiczone