MRD Jetting Help

I just got my MRD Pro Comp exhaust, I have the 3x3 mod done and I just ordered the JD jet kit. I just need a little help figuring out what jets I need to use. Oh, and I'm at 3000 ft elevation.

I just got my MRD Pro Comp exhaust, I have the 3x3 mod done and I just ordered the JD jet kit. I just need a little help figuring out what jets I need to use. Oh, and I'm at 3000 ft elevation.

whats the average temp?

Also pointless thread the jd kit comes with full instructions.. And all range of jets .. Needles etc. but good luck! The mrd sounds amazing! But why didnt you get the ssw version?

Also pointless thread the jd kit comes with full instructions.. And all range of jets .. Needles etc. but good luck! The mrd sounds amazing! But why didnt you get the ssw version?

Sorry about that, I didn't know. I didn't go for the saw just because I'm not really planning on going all out and doing the big bore kit. And it's also a little quieter.

What altitude will you be mostly riding at..?...like mostly above or below 3K"

What altitude will you be mostly riding at..?...like mostly above or below 3K"

The town I live in is at 2800. So 2800-3000 ft.

OK, your altitude is at the borderline for typical jetting settings, with winter coming the set up below should be good.

For uncorked pipe

Use a 160 main jet 

Blue needle clip 4

22.5 pilot jet with extended fuel screw or 25 pilot jet with stock fuel screw ..

2.75 turns

OK, your altitude is at the borderline for typical jetting settings, with winter coming the set up below should be good.

For uncorked pipe

Use a 160 main jet 

Blue needle clip 4

22.5 pilot jet with extended fuel screw or 25 pilot jet with stock fuel screw ..

2.75 turns

I am in the same boat...I have the Pro Comp with the 3x3 mod and stock carb ('09 SM model).  I am at sea level (23ft).  Should I use these settings too? Also, is there a benefit to using the kientch fuel mixture screw? I'm assuming that's what you mean by "extended fuel screw"? 

Edited by Johnny Nolaw

I am in the same boat...I have the Pro Comp with the 3x3 mod and stock carb ('09 SM model).  I am at sea level (23ft).  Should I use these settings too? Also, is there a benefit to using the kientch fuel mixture screw? I'm assuming that's what you mean by "extended fuel screw"? 

those settings will be ok ...an extended FS makes fine tuning easier