Mad at Cali. What to do?

• TT Sponsor

Hey Guys Jeff here at Bigborethumpers.com. So here is the story. Lived in California 23 years and in 06 bought a 03 CRF 450. Almost 4 years ago I moved to Colorado for work, and things didn't work out. But wile in Colorado I purchased a Baja designs light kit and Trail Tech stator along with the vapor speedo to make the thing street legal. Most fun you can have with your cloths on. Moved back to Cali and ask to get a plate and they tell you to pound sand it does not have an EPA sticker on it.

Now I know this post has been posted many times before, But know one has answered why it is that we can't have our dirt bikes street legal? I bet my bike runs cleaner than most cars.

Sorry Guess Im just trying to blow off some steam of knowing I have about $1000 of useless parts in this state. :banghead:  :foul:  :moon:  :bonk:  :angry:  

2011-10-20 18.23.18.jpg

I think 2002 was the last year you could do a conversion to street or a dual registration. I did the dual registration on a 02 drz 400. And from I understand, some of those bikes that were converted are losing there license plates during renewal time. 

Cali is always cracking down.

• TT Sponsor

Baja Designs Yea I only tried one DMV but the issue is because it is coming from out of state it needs a vin verification. On the Vin verification form it ask the chp and of DMV person if the vehicle is EPA approved or california approved. Thats where I fail.

PS your Lighting kit is Freakin awesome. And tough as stone.  

Jeff,

You can't make your dirt bike legal because the local government follows the state agenda of contol and regulation.  What to do you ask?  Leave - I did.  Sorry, but you knew the answer all along.

...X2.

I moved also. I understand though if you had to chase work and move back. I moved to Texas where the only thing you worry about registering, is your gun!! Where they dont care about how loud your bike is and spark arrestors......pshhh, have you seen how many fireworks stands we have!!!! LOL Aint nothing like sitting on I-10 and having a slew of Quads and dirt bikes splitting lanes..... Now that is stupid but if it ever happens to you, you will never get the feeling of "this is where I want to live" anywhere else!!!!

...X2.

I moved also. I understand though if you had to chase work and move back. I moved to Texas where the only thing you worry about registering, is your gun!! Where they dont care about how loud your bike is and spark arrestors......pshhh, have you seen how many fireworks stands we have!!!! LOL Aint nothing like sitting on I-10 and having a slew of Quads and dirt bikes splitting lanes..... Now that is stupid but if it ever happens to you, you will never get the feeling of "this is where I want to live" anywhere else!!!!

oh you mean like this?

Edited by nesc103y