Ok folks we just got a used 2012' last night

Bike is bone stock "Low hours" ...actually looks like it as well

we have a 08' also but we know nothing about this new to us 2012

have never had a F.I bike and so

I would ask for any Tips and or advice for us

It would be appreciated

Thanks

Edited by bigvaportrail

Congrats on the bike. Pretty much the same as your 08 except efi. Same things apply. Just keep gas fresh. Clean air filter and keep fresh oil and oil filter and you will be fine. The choke is also the idle knob. Just turn it to adjust idle. Efi couplers make it leaner or richer. You can try them and just pick what you like. If you are thinking about an oversized tank,I have a 3 gallon acerbis tank on my 13 that is for an 08-09 that with some mods fits really good. Gearing most like stock or 1 tooth more or less on rear. As with any used bike a good greasing of the bearings and just getting familiar with everything will answer a lot of your questions. Great bike. Enjoy.

Congrats on the bike. Pretty much the same as your 08 except efi. Same things apply. Just keep gas fresh. Clean air filter and keep fresh oil and oil filter and you will be fine. The choke is also the idle knob. Just turn it to adjust idle. Efi couplers make it leaner or richer. You can try them and just pick what you like. If you are thinking about an oversized tank,I have a 3 gallon acerbis tank on my 13 that is for an 08-09 that with some mods fits really good. Gearing most like stock or 1 tooth more or less on rear. As with any used bike a good greasing of the bearings and just getting familiar with everything will answer a lot of your questions. Great bike. Enjoy.

ac717 thank you sir,

Before we payed for it we pulled the oil filter (2 8mm bolts) and filter looked great and oil...then pulled the seat and checked the air box/filter and looked ok

started 2nd kick and ran great so fingers are crossed

well actually I just got back from a lunch/ride on the thing and

WOW...feels narrow ....feels light ...pulls good and suspension seems fantastic (we set the sag last night as well) so I hope this thing lasts and also it shifts great ...finding nuetral was easy (easier than the 08') so other than needing some minor adjustments its a Huge thumbs up

Be conscious of your shifting. Transmissions are shotty. Beware. I use heavy weight oil. Personally I run 15w50.