made another DRZ400sm wheelie vid .. check it out!

Nice! I used have a Drz400sm, fun bike!

Your getting good at wheelies - now go & buy some gear!

Seriously, elbow, knee pads and gloves at the minimum.

whats best way to do them? I usallly power wheelie it up in second and got through to third but i get scared haha will the bike clutch up in third?

Are your bars so far off center because of the rear hand brake?

I guessing that's just a lens effect from the camera.

never seen anyone use the clutch to shift during a wheelie before.

never seen anyone use the clutch to shift during a wheelie before.

I always do....

Mite I suggest to be smoother on the throttle control and yep, gloves and jacket etc are a must if you like your body...... :)

whats up with the double levers on left side? is that a brake lever?

Yah , another clutch user ... Here

yeah its another rear brake to help control the wheelie. you add another rear caliper to the back rotor and thread the brake line up to the clutch side.

I have SM with FMF exhaust and 15/41 gearing. What's the easiest way for me to wheelie? 

A hand rear brake frees you right foot braking into a right hander

yep it's a stunt brake. as far as best technique goes.. i tend to pop it up in second and try and find that balance point. get comfortable doing them in second then go onto to attempt shifting when you get comfortable. practice, practice, practice ...

Nice job on the wheelies & great vid.....got me thinking about clutching. How often do you use the rear brake lever? Is it more of an OS lever or did it help you learn? Would like to see a pic of the bike. Graphics lookin' good from what I could see. If I keep watching SM vids & pics it's going to cost me thousands....gotta have one of these machines someday. Thanks  :thumbsup:

my new video, you like?

Edited by 707LAKE

Nice work 707! Love the mirror "graphics" in frame 4  :thumbsup: Looks like you've mastered the Dr-Z SM wheelie! Scenery looks like my old stomping grounds in central Cali. Can't think of better grocery getter than that....Ride it!  :rolleyes:

Nice work 707! Love the mirror "graphics" in frame 4  :thumbsup: Looks like you've mastered the Dr-Z SM wheelie! Scenery looks like my old stomping grounds in central Cali. Can't think of better grocery getter than that....Ride it!  :rolleyes:

thanks!

i had a another wreck recently and it got broken..

luckily a user on here sent me a new 1 for free!!!

thanks for the replies! i don't really use it too much as i haven't really gotten into "feet off" stunting yet. Here's a walkaround video for those who were asking!

http://youtu.be/nXc5vKnmHAA