Sign in to follow this  

Motocross The Excellent Humans of the 13 season.

A shout out to all the top guys in this season of racing.  Love to watch and follow a sport where the top guys do their stuff on the track (with just one notable exception). No outside drama, no meltdowns, respect for both each other and the fans. Good stuff. I think RV, RD, Barcia, Stewart, TC, Grant, Reed (in what must have been a difficult season for him) et all showed a lot of class.

How does Reed figure into this? Seems others should have been mentioned instead. Just sayin...

How does Reed figure into this? Seems others should have been mentioned instead. Just sayin...

Hater

• Like 1

FYI - I like Reed, always have. Just seems unfair to not mention others who finished much better.

Agreed

Quitting shows a lot of class    :confused:

• Like 1

Agreed

Quitting shows a lot of class :confused:

No shit does what 21 motos then quits on the last 3??? Seems kinda shady.

Given his career (Reeds) I think he deserves mention, It takes a solid person to do what he has done in the past, and deal with the disaster of a season with seemingly good grace.

Quiting the last three motos? Im gonna cut him some slack.... Dont think he needs to prove how tough or determined he is.

• Like 3

Given his career (Reeds) I think he deserves mention, It takes a solid person to do what he has done in the past, and deal with the disaster of a season with seemingly good grace.

Quiting the last three motos? Im gonna cut him some slack.... Dont think he needs to prove how tough or determined he is.

I think Im with ya on this ......  He showed  A LOT of heart at spring creek last year , so yeah I think that carries some weight..

Also I think guys like the "Man VS Moto" guy Derek really deserve some props for actually completing the season without all of the support the top 5 get...

• Like 3

Reed slipped out of the top rider category, and his season was inconsequential.  I like him too, but don't mention him with ANY of the other guys you listed for this season.  He was a non factor all year.  Mike A. rode pretty good till he got banged up and his brother got mixed up with AllessiLasergate mess.  MA handled himself pretty good through the whole ordeal I think.

• Like 2

Phil Nicoletti had a better outdoor season

Didn't somebody have a bet on that?

• Like 3

I would still include Reed and a few others on the list, Reed did a few things no other has done, Racing with an illness, and running a team, that alone no one has ever done in those sport, can you imagine how much that alone takes a toll on you? all involved along with training, practice,etc etc etc. Add his age into it, all of this is included into THIS season and the OP original intent of the post. This season without the TwoTwo in the pits, Even with his results people flocked to the autograph sessions, waited in line and picked up thousands of Two Two posters, part of the season.

• Like 1

I would still include Reed and a few others on the list, Reed did a few things no other has done, Racing with an illness, and running a team, that alone no one has ever done in those sport, can you imagine how much that alone takes a toll on you? 

Well..... there was that one other guy who did it way back in 01.  

Well..... there was that one other guy who did it way back in 01.  

I do not think "that" guy actually owned and operated his own team, he was a partner and more of a face in front of a team owned and ran by others.

I do not think "that" guy actually owned and operated his own team, he was a partner and more of a face in front of a team owned and ran by others.

Well, according to "that" guy's website, he started and operated his own team with big name sponsors.  Who knows, I wasn't involved, so i can't say how much actual involvement there was, other than riding.

Not only a world-class athlete, but also an exceptional entrepreneur, Jeremy was the first pro racer to form and operate his own Supercross race team.  The team’s 2001 inaugural race season culminated with a title sponsor deal with MAZDA and in 2002 BUD LIGHT/ANHEUSER-BUSCH signed on as title sponsor for McGrath’s endeavor.