green sticker crf 150r

i live in cali. i usually ride a 450x. im looking for a secondary small bike i could just mess around camp with and learn some new techniques on. Best performance to weight combo in four stroke i found was 2007 crf 150r, but its a red sticker. i need a green sticker i can use all year around..... any other bikes out there that are in around 150lb and 50 " wheel base, four stroke, and green sticker... i would go for the 150f but that this is almost as heavy (~215lb) as a 450r .

anyone? ... or i  look for a green sticker 85 two stroke...yz or cr

Are you just implying to the color of the plastics Honda(red) Kawi(green)?? If so i wouldnt worry with a bike that small

No even though I don't live In Cali I think he means red sticker is closed course competition only and is "to loud for trails" the only reason I think this might be what you mean is that my bro has a 2006 cr 85 and it says closed course competition only and not approved to this 3 letter organization. Sorry to disappoint you but at that small of a bike you will only be able to use actual trail bikes to ride on trails but once you move up to 125 two stroke and 250 fourstroke on up you can ride trails at least that what in pretty sure about.

anybody from California understand my dilemma?..  for the rest you trying to help me out... here in over regulated California only green sticker bikes can ride trails all year long. red sticker bikes are allowed to ride in trails only in spring, fall and winter. ... im basically looking for a small, light, green sticker bike that's got some juice... something like a pit bike that you can actually do some trails with

anybody from California understand my dilemma?.. for the rest you trying to help me out... here in over regulated California only green sticker bikes can ride trails all year long. red sticker bikes are allowed to ride in trails only in spring, fall and winter. ... im basically looking for a small, light, green sticker bike that's got some juice... something like a pit bike that you can actually do some trails with

XR100rs are great and pretty powerful for a small bike. Get a Xr100 motor and a cr80/85 from,suspension and wheels and breakers and that thing would be way sweeter then any crf150r ever! And I beleive the xr100 is a green sticker bike!

Oh got cha, yea i know nothing bout them stickers, we aint got them. 

weantright. thats actually the ultimate solution right there .... but im planing on spending no more than $1000. so im just gonna go for a xr100 or crf 100 for now..

even if i did go for the (y-100)  im afraid it would be registered as a red sticker bike in california because it uses a crf 150r chassis, the  crf 150r is considered red sticker in california and you cant used it in the summer. 

freestyle mx-er, you're idea would actually work in California and it would make a sweet bike... there are a few select cr 80/85's with a green sticker registration... swapping the motor would with another green sticker registered xr100 motor would be ideal, and you would have a fun little pitt bike that you can actually ride... anybody know how the engine conversion would look like... would it just be bolt on, or would you have to fabricate... while were at it why not just throw in a 150r engine in the cr80/85 if were doing all this work. (heard that thing revs till 14,000 rpm)

thanks guys for all the great ideas!!

Edited by zj4041

Get a crf 150f they have electric start and they are great bikes also consider a crf 230 but they are adult sized but a 150f would be perfect more power than a 100

weantright. thats actually the ultimate solution right there .... but im planing on spending no more than $1000. so im just gonna go for a xr100 or crf 100 for now..

even if i did go for the (y-100) im afraid it would be registered as a red sticker bike in california because it uses a crf 150r chassis, the crf 150r is considered red sticker in california and you cant used it in the summer.

freestyle mx-er, you're idea would actually work in California and it would make a sweet bike... there are a few select cr 80/85's with a green sticker registration... swapping the motor would with another green sticker registered xr100 motor would be ideal, and you would have a fun little pitt bike that you can actually ride... anybody know how the engine conversion would look like... would it just be bolt on, or would you have to fabricate... while were at it why not just throw in a 150r engine in the cr80/85 if were doing all this work. (heard that thing revs till 14,000 rpm)

well the xr100 motor is bulletproof the 150r is a higher strung race motor! And honestly the 100 would be way cooler! Yes there would need a small bit of fabricating.

even if i did go for the (y-100)  im afraid it would be registered as a red sticker bike in california because it uses a crf 150r chassis, the  crf 150r is considered red sticker in california and you cant used it in the summer. 

Build it yourself but with a CRF100 as a base. Swap out the forks and get a Works shock and be done. Green sticker with good suspension. I had a KLX140L w/160BB and a cr85 suspension and it was a fun bike. More power than a 150f with very good suspension for a trail bike.

http://www.xr100.com/crfxr100.htm

well the xr100 motor is bulletproof the 150r is a higher strung race motor! And honestly the 100 would be way cooler! Yes there would need a small bit of fabricating.

Might be high RPM motor but not high strung at all,,, well unless you build it that way. No matter because the OP is looking to spend $1000 and the 150r is hard to come by for that amount.

Might be high RPM motor but not high strung at all,,, well unless you build it that way. No matter because the OP is looking to spend $1000 and the 150r is hard to come by for that amount.

yea defiantly pricey little bikes!

anybody from California understand my dilemma?..  for the rest you trying to help me out... here in over regulated California only green sticker bikes can ride trails all year long. red sticker bikes are allowed to ride in trails only in spring, fall and winter. ... im basically looking for a small, light, green sticker bike that's got some juice... something like a pit bike that you can actually do some trails with

yes I'm 13 and looking for an yz/cr 80 and I have to get one before 2002 and this kind of sucks I wish I could get a newer bike as they're are a lot of almost new bikes for pretty cheap out their like 2006/7's for cheaper than the 2002's get a pre 2002 80 two stroke thats really your only option in the bay area

yes I'm 13 and looking for an yz/cr 80 and I have to get one before 2002 and this kind of sucks I wish I could get a newer bike as they're are a lot of almost new bikes for pretty cheap out their like 2006/7's for cheaper than the 2002's get a pre 2002 80 two stroke

yes I'm 13 and looking for an yz/cr 80 and I have to get one before 2002 and this kind of sucks I wish I could get a newer bike as they're are a lot of almost new bikes for pretty cheap out their like 2006/7's for cheaper than the 2002's get a pre 2002 80 two stroke

this was a 3 year old thread